Urgos movement leader and suspension spring

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by dhunter, Oct 12, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dhunter

dhunter Registered User
    NAWCC Member

May 21, 2016
    Cornelius NC
    Country Flag:
    #1 dhunter, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    IMG_3281.JPG IMG_3291.JPG IMG_3302.JPG

I have a Ridgeway wall clock with an Urgos 2 train, weight driven, movement. Numbers on backplate 58012 (model no ?) and 5806. I am fixing up for a non profit. Seems to be in decent condition but missing suspension spring and leader, cannot find any info on this movement. I believe it uses the plastic suspension spring Timesavers part no 32251 on page 95 but cannot find the leader that would fit.
    Pictures show that the crutch would contact the suspension and leader at the top and lower down, it may be that the suspension spring goes through the upper opening in the crutch. Notice remains of upper part of suspension spring just sitting on the backplate in second picture (ignore the odd position of the hammer). Also see top of pendulum in third picture.
    Can anyone assist please?

2. Willie X

Willie X Registered User

Feb 9, 2008
    Your leader would have looked something like this. Probably easier to make one and use a standard type suspension spring. It would need to be about 4 1/2" long.
    Willie X
    20191013_170637.jpg

3. claussclocks

claussclocks Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 14, 2013
    Male
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:

If you want to just buy it and go Black Forest Imports has the leader and suspension spring required.

DPC

4. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I'm not sure they have the exact one you need, but one of these might be able to be modified to work.