• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Updating profile email problem

RodJB

Dec 13, 2008
Richmond BC Canada / Kirkintilloch Scotland
Country
Region
I am trying to update my email, now that I know why I never get any notifications ( my profile still has my old email )
I put in my correct email address & it says it sent the confirmation code successfully but nothing comes even checking spam filters.
Ay ideas?
Thanks

Last edited:

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
Where are you editing your email? You should change it under "My Settings>My Account>Edit email and password." There is no confirmation code involved, but it does send you a change notice.

RodJB

Dec 13, 2008
Richmond BC Canada / Kirkintilloch Scotland
Country
Region
Hi,
That is where I was trying to do it. When I changed it and hit save, it said it sent a confirmation number but none ever came. Now it says I have tried to change my email too many times & to contact an administrator.
Rod

Last edited:

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
Send me a PM with your current e-mail address, Rod, and I will change it for you.

DJH584

Jun 21, 2013
Clacton On Sea
Country
Region
I am endeavouring to do the same thing and like Rod, I see the following;

Mail verification code:

Registration was done by this email, but the email was not activated.
We advice you to ensure that the activation code is not in your junk mail before requesting it again.

Is there a possibility that the code was sent to the old email address which, due to a computer hard drive crash, I no longer have access to?

Regards

David

Steven Thornberry

User Administrator
NAWCC Member
Jan 15, 2004
Here and there
Country
I am endeavouring to do the same thing and like Rod, I see the following;

Mail verification code:

Registration was done by this email, but the email was not activated.
We advice you to ensure that the activation code is not in your junk mail before requesting it again.

Is there a possibility that the code was sent to the old email address which, due to a computer hard drive crash, I no longer have access to?

Regards

David
David:

Send me a PM with correct e-mail, and I will check and update, if need be.

Tom McIntyre

Technical Admin
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Ruby Member
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2000
Boston
awco.org
Country
Region
This problem may be a case of a bad error message. There is a restriction on non-NAWCC members changing their email address that was put in place to assist with spam avoidance. I will take a closer look at how this is being handled by the software.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eugenbt
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-