Updated K and D staking tool book and tool catalog

Discussion in 'Horological Tools' started by tomcolson, Nov 27, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tomcolson

tomcolson Registered User

Aug 6, 2014
    SF Bay Area, CA, USA
    I've posted new versions of Kendrick & Davis's "Staking Tools and How To Use Them" (1910) and "Book of Tools" (ca. 1908).

These new versions are full text searchable. They are improved from the previous searchable versions via use of professional OCR tools and manual verification of the OCR on every page. (The previous searchable versions created with Acrobat were just too full of junk to be useful...and there was no way to edit the OCR text!?!)

The previous high resolution version of Staking Tools and How To Use Them is also still available for those primarily interested in the illustrations.

Enjoy!

2. emhitch

emhitch Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Mar 17, 2009
    medical device design engineer
    pittsburgh, pa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi tomcolson. I am very interested in your links but cannot get them to work for some reason (something about a proxy server refusing connections). Do I have something wrong with my system or are these links not working? Thank you for posting!

3. Dave Coatsworth

Dave Coatsworth Senior Administrator
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Business Sponsor

Feb 11, 2005
    Male
    Watch Parts Dealer
    Camarillo, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    By any chance are you accessing the links from a work computer that might be blocking them? I have a similar issue in that my workplace blocks 'sharing' sites, so sites like photobucket, dropbox, etc get blocked. If so, try from your home computer.

4. tomcolson

tomcolson Registered User

Aug 6, 2014
    SF Bay Area, CA, USA
    I checked the links again and all seems to be well. I'm betting Dave is on the right track when he suggests some sort of traffic management is at fault.

5. David S

David S Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Male
    Professional Engineer - Retired
    Brockville, On Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I just tried and there is just a spinning thing in the middle of the screen....until I saw the "Download" button on the upper right corner. They are huge files but I did get a download in .PDF format.

David

6. Smudgy

Smudgy Registered User

May 20, 2003
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The site also requires javascript, so if you have it blocked in your security settings you will have problems.