Updated K and D staking tool book and tool catalog

tomcolson

Aug 6, 2014
SF Bay Area, CA, USA
I've posted new versions of Kendrick & Davis's "Staking Tools and How To Use Them" (1910) and "Book of Tools" (ca. 1908).

These new versions are full text searchable. They are improved from the previous searchable versions via use of professional OCR tools and manual verification of the OCR on every page. (The previous searchable versions created with Acrobat were just too full of junk to be useful...and there was no way to edit the OCR text!?!)

The previous high resolution version of Staking Tools and How To Use Them is also still available for those primarily interested in the illustrations.

Enjoy!

emhitch

NAWCC Member
Mar 17, 2009
pittsburgh, pa
Country
Region
Hi tomcolson. I am very interested in your links but cannot get them to work for some reason (something about a proxy server refusing connections). Do I have something wrong with my system or are these links not working? Thank you for posting!

Dave Coatsworth

Senior Administrator
NAWCC Business
NAWCC Fellow
Feb 11, 2005
Camarillo, CA
www.daveswatchparts.com
Country
Region
By any chance are you accessing the links from a work computer that might be blocking them? I have a similar issue in that my workplace blocks 'sharing' sites, so sites like photobucket, dropbox, etc get blocked. If so, try from your home computer.

David S

NAWCC Member
Dec 18, 2011
Brockville, On Canada
Country
Region
I just tried and there is just a spinning thing in the middle of the screen....until I saw the "Download" button on the upper right corner. They are huge files but I did get a download in .PDF format.

David

Smudgy

May 20, 2003
Country
Region
The site also requires javascript, so if you have it blocked in your security settings you will have problems.

Our 2021 National Meeting in Hampton Roads Virginia
Topic related ad experiment
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
machv5
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions