• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Unmarked German Mantel

expeditionhiker

Jan 4, 2017
Country
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help identify the manufacturer/year. I'm pretty sure it is German around 1930, but have no idea of the manufacturer. The only marking on the movement is a 12 on the bottom left corner. There is a sticker on the back cabinet door, but all it says is the type of clock - Bestellscheir and Tisch-Uhr. It has an interesting 4 rod gong and 4 hammers, with a bim bam strike. Thanks for your help.
german2.jpg german1.jpg german3.jpg german4.jpg

chronologiker

Deceased
Jun 28, 2017
Country
Greetings!

I know this movement, it was also made in the 1950s. The dimensions of the plates are: 94.5 X 89 mm.

In the German spare parts catalogs, the manufacturer of your movment is not specified. This is usually the indication that your movement was used by different manufacturers.

Best regards!

Chronologiker

expeditionhiker

Jan 4, 2017
Country
thanks Chronologiker, that info helps. So I researched some 1950's German clocks and found a company called Trumpf that made a similar clock with the exact hands, face and gong. Does that mean this is a likely a Trumpf clock, or were different clock parts obtained by numerous manufacturers...

chronologiker

Deceased
Jun 28, 2017
Country
No,Trumpf was not a manufacturer, but the brand of a shopping association of clock retailers.

Your movement was made by several manufacturers because the tools were sold from manufacturer to manufacturer. And in these cases, no name is given in German spare parts catalogs.

Chronologiker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthracite
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent