• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Unknown German? clock company trademark

KBwindup

NAWCC Member
Hi all
I have just started working on what I presume is a German clock movement but I have no idea what company. Have any of you come across this trademark before? Any information on it would be appreciated.

It is housed inside what looks very like an Anglo American clock case and the seating board, position of the gong etc all look perfectly correct as original.

I have come across a Badische clock from just before the turn of the century that was clearly a copy of an American clock but again I ve never seen this particular maker.

Your help will be appreciated.

Eamonn

20221017_111216.jpg 20221017_110843.jpg 20221017_110803.jpg

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
It looks very like the logo of Union Clock Co. (Jakob Fellheimer, Merzbach & Lang) but I have never seen it on this star background. So I am not sure.

Others may know more/better.

JTD

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
It is Swiss. Here is the link.
That is the proper identification of the trademark, but I am not sure if they are the maker of the movement.

Our friend Yahagi identified movements marked by Usine de la Vièze as being made by Mauthe and some by Kienzle.

See the second photo in response number 4 in the attached link.

(1) Please help me to identify this clock mark. | NAWCC Forums

You will also see that Usine de la Vièze was identified as a maker of pendulums.

Regards.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris.K

Tatyana

Jan 2, 2016
Saint Petersburg
Country
Hi all
I have just started working on what I presume is a German clock movement but I have no idea what company. Have any of you come across this trademark before? Any information on it would be appreciated.

It is housed inside what looks very like an Anglo American clock case and the seating board, position of the gong etc all look perfectly correct as original.

I have come across a Badische clock from just before the turn of the century that was clearly a copy of an American clock but again I ve never seen this particular maker.

Your help will be appreciated.

Eamonn

View attachment 731972 View attachment 731973 View attachment 731974
This thread has an answer https://mb.nawcc.org/threads/does-anyone-know-the-make-of-this-trademark-thanks.178030/#post-1502403

This movement is done Swiss company Wanduhrenfabrik Angenstein.

Regards
Tatyana

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
This movement is done Swiss company Wanduhrenfabrik Angenstein.
Thank you Tatyana.

Wanduhrenfabrik Angenstein was in business from 1898/9 until liquidation in 1927.

There is a complete article on the company in Schmid's 'Lexikon'.

JTD

KBwindup

NAWCC Member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jabberwalky
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent