Clock Help Unknown Clock - Number needed for Face!

Discussion in 'Parts Wanted' started by cjwilson78154, May 22, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. cjwilson78154

cjwilson78154 Registered User

Jun 27, 2015
    Country Flag:
    My wife gave me a great new addition to my clock collection for my birthday last week. And it runs pretty well! It is however missing the 5 from the face. They are brass and 1" tall. If anyone knows of a source, I'd surely be appreciative!

IMG_1655.jpg

2. FDelGreco

FDelGreco Registered User
    NAWCC Star Fellow Sponsor NAWCC Diamond Member

Aug 28, 2000
    Male
    Retired chemical engineer
    Novelty, OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Timesavers (timesavers.com) has them. You might have to buy a whole set of 12 numbers so they all look the same.

Frank

3. cjwilson78154

Jun 27, 2015
    Country Flag:
    Thank you Frank. I looked through their offerings and don't see exactly the right font. I know it's a going to be next to impossible to find the exact right set, but I'll keep looking.

4. KurtinSA

KurtinSA Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Aerospace Engineer (Ret.)
    San Antonio, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Not sure if will help much, but who made the clock? Can you show a picture of the back of the plate, in case there are some logos or stampings. Maybe that will lead to a source.

Kurt

5. cjwilson78154

Jun 27, 2015
    Country Flag:
    A couple of pics are attached. The only markings I see are a 1,2,9 on the upper right of the plate. They are visible in the pics. Thanks for helping! I'm in San Antonio also.

IMG_1670.jpg IMG_1669.jpg

6. KurtinSA

KurtinSA Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 24, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Well, hopefully someone else who knows these types of movements will help...or maybe there's no relation between the movement and the hands! Looks like you're over in Schertz, if the number in your username is the zip code.

Kurt

7. cjwilson78154

Jun 27, 2015
    Country Flag:
    I am. I'm on the back side of Randolph.

If I were to guess, I'd say this was an inexpensive clock that was put together with commonly available parts at that time.

8. KurtinSA

KurtinSA Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 24, 2014
    San Antonio, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I'm near UTSA. Universal City was my stomping grounds a lifetime ago!

As for numerals, I've checked a number of clock parts houses...didn't see anything. You might widen your search to say hobby stores and maybe some hardware stores, especially some of the more intimate ones like Ace Hardware. When there, ask if they might know other places that might carry them.

Kurt

9. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    The movement reminds me of a Sessions, but I am not sure. Perhaps the maker's name is on the front of the movement. I will say that the numerals are not what I would expect on a Sessions mission clock. So, if the movement does happen to be by Sessions, it may have been supplied to another company who either made or outsourced the case.

10. Susan Hadley

Susan Hadley Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Dec 12, 2019
    Female
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    The shape of the numbers reminds me of an athletic style font. Perhaps if you could remove the 6 you could trace the shape onto a piece of metal and modify it into a 5. Maybe a 3D printer?

11. Dick C

Dick C Registered User

Oct 14, 2009
    Male
    Country Flag: