Universal Geneve

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by NEWMOVE1, Nov 20, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. NEWMOVE1

NEWMOVE1 New Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Can anyone tell me about a watch with the numbers on the back 10742 and then below those numbers, another series of numbers: 1135362. Is the watch gold, what year was it from and how would I get more info on its value. Thanks

2. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    We would need pictures and a whole lot more information about the watch before we can tell you too much more about it.

3. NEWMOVE1

NEWMOVE1 New Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Here are a few pictures. Thanks for your consideration.

Attached Files:

4. bjohnson

bjohnson Registered User

Feb 12, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    It's a 1940s/50s style. I don't think there is serial number info for UGs to make dating closer.

The case material isn't marked on the outside and may be marked on the inside

The best way to get an estimate of it's value is to take it to a watchmaker

5. sderek

sderek Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Watch repair/ Watch sales
    USA
    Country Flag:
    If you'd still like an estimate of value, the Global-Horology forum is a small, friendly forum that allows appraisals.

6. Mikrolisk

Mikrolisk Registered User

Feb 16, 2011
    Germany
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Manufacture des Montres Universal / Perret & Berthoud SA
    Geneve

founded 1894 as Descombes & Perret in Le Locle, 1897 named to Perret & Berthoud. They registered in 1898 the trade mark "Universal", which became the companies name short later. They were still active in 1988, maybe still today.

Andreas

7. Roland Ranfft

Roland Ranfft Registered User

Feb 10, 2011
    electronic engineering, software
    Wildenrath, Germany
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi there,

Just poked in my data bin and found a rough grid of Universal numbers. It dates your watch to 1945, and this matches the style perfectly.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

8. ca18thc

ca18thc Registered User

Feb 21, 2020
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Hi, I know this is an old thread, but was hoping to get some more information on your Universal Genève watch. I have an almost identical 18k Universal Genève watch case and am hoping to find a correct movement. It is a family heirloom from my father in law that I hope to give to my son as a momento of his grandfather. There are photos of mine in a current thread. Do you have pics of the movement or the movement number you could share? Do you know the width of the case? I would appreciate any guidance you could provide. Steve