• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Mechanical WW Universal geneve cal. 1-66

aalinaman

Oct 8, 2012
I am servicing an universal Geneve cal 1-66. I have replaced the mainspring, trued the balance and I am only getting an amplitude of 220°. Should I be expecting an amplitude around 270° or is the 220° all she will give me?

Last edited by a moderator:

karlmansson

Apr 20, 2013
Linköping, Sweden
Country
Depends on the position of the Watch but first and foremost the condition of the Watch. Ideally you should be coming up towards 270 in the horizontal positions. The real limit is that it can't go below 180 deg after 24h of running. Can you elaborate on what you mean by servicing? What is your procedure? Have you checked for wear in bushings, jewels and pivots? How are the balance pivots looking? Is the lock on the pallet fork properly adjusted?

Best regards
Karl

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lpgp
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent