NAWCC Business
NAWCC Fellow
Sponsor
Feb 11, 2005
Camarillo, CA
www.daveswatchparts.com
Country
Region
Please post your United States Watch Company (Marion) private label watches in this thread. When posting, please include photos whenever possible (obeying copyright law, of course). For the description, please provide the serial number, model and grade information, and any information you have obtained about the retailer who's name appears on the watch. The more information, the better. We would like to make this more than just a list. It will, hopefully, become a prime resource for private label research. Thanks in advance to all who contribute!

Reactions: pmwas

Scott Tzorfas

NAWCC Member
Jul 3, 2014
Dave,
I love the United States Watch Co. watches. I don't have any in my collection but I hope to acquire a watch or two someday. The detail on the balance cock of the John S. Robson watch is just fantastic. Thanks for showing these.
Scott

vintageguy

NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Oct 27, 2013
Minnesota
Country
Region
Dave,
I love the United States Watch Co. watches. I don't have any in my collection but I hope to acquire a watch or two someday. The detail on the balance cock of the John S. Robson watch is just fantastic. Thanks for showing these.
Scott
Ditto for me. I've tried bidding on a couple that were up for sale this past week but lost out on both.

Bostonjoe

Oct 28, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
Region
Hello Everyone,

Picked up another private label Marion. It is a 18 size, serial number 15267. The movement has Mason Ware & Co, San Francisco Cal. inscribed on it. I have been unable to find any information about this jeweler or company, would appreciate help amongst any internet sleuths that may read this posting. The watch is in great condition, but runs fast. Hopefully a COA will take care of that problem.

IMG_8371.jpg IMG_8372.jpg IMG_8373.jpg

watchbob

NAWCC Member
May 8, 2009
Spencerville Ohio & Winter Haven Florida
Country
Ohio Statesman ( Newspaper in Columbus Ohio 1837 to 1870's ) Serial # 140,481 with letter E on movement 15 Jewel keywind
& Ohio Statesman serial# 140,490 with letter B on movement 15J stem wind modified lever set ( not Marion stemwind )
Theory is these were give to winners for subscription sales contest ? I have no idea what the letters on the movement might mean ?
DSC08769.JPG DSC08770.JPG
Many more as time permits & I get access to them.

musicguy

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2017
New York State
Country
That's a real nice looking movement, and what a nice dial.

Rob

Dave160th

Jan 10, 2022
Country
This is my united states watch co Cincinnati Enquirer watch, and yes this is the watch on page 195 of the History of the United States Watch Company by Muir and Kraus. The question I have is why there are two extra threaded holes in the plate. Any information on this would help.

DSC05641.JPG DSC05640.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danarog
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last page
Hard Life for Wristwatches by Roy Gardner