unique japanese clock??

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by Bruce Barnes, Aug 13, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Bruce Barnes

Bruce Barnes Registered User

Mar 20, 2004
    Just won this clock and it is somewhat unique in the fact that it has a barometer and thermometer curved fastened to the surround.
    The logo on the dial is unknown but on the tablet is the logo for Sato........
    Need work but it is the firstclock of this nature I have seen.......comments?
    Bruce

Attached Files:

2. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Nice Bruce, very neat the curved thermometer, very unusual.

3. Bruce Barnes

Mar 20, 2004
    Thanks Kevin,I think once I get the surface grime off the case the Kanji's will be more legible and maybe I can get a translation.
    The instruments on the surround is what sold me and I have had very good luck with Japanese clocks.
    Bruce

4. Douglas Ballard

Douglas Ballard Registered User

Dec 2, 2011
    Network Information Management/Computer Repair
    Alma, MI
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Ha, I was bidding on this clock, because of the reasons you stated, very unique. I have two Japanese wall clocks, but not like this one. Glad it went to someone who can take good care of it!

5. Bruce Barnes

Mar 20, 2004
    Thanks Doug,this makes my 5th one, all running strong and look nice on the wall.I especially like the surrounds that have the "ebonized " look.
    Bruce

6. Bruce Barnes

Mar 20, 2004
    Do we have a Japanese linguist who might be able to translate these Kanji's,I am guessing they are indicators of activity for the two instruments?
    Bruce

7. harold bain

harold bain Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Bruce, you could contact Charles Davis. I think he may have some Japanese connections that might help you.

8. Bruce Barnes

Mar 20, 2004
    Thanks Harold,I have looked and I can't find an American maufacturer that made a clock with the thermometer and that ersatz barometer in a curved form positioned on the surround.
    Bruce