Under Pressure

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by WRabbit, May 15, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. WRabbit

WRabbit Registered User
    Donor NAWCC Member

Jun 1, 2016
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I bought an Atmos 528/1 today. It was located 55 miles across DFW in south Fort Worth (1 hour drive). Original purchase receipt and service records were included. I was surprised to find it was purchased on 12/6/74 from a Linz Jewelry store 3 miles from my current home in Dallas (the store is kaput). I can remember going to that store fairly often as a child in the 70s. I may have even seen this clock, as my father was clock bitten and my mother diamond bitten! Original purchase price? $241.50, including tax.

The owner of the Atmos was a watch/clockmaker who had a nice assortment of tools and parts. However, he chose to send this clock to Couture in New Rochelle, NY for repair on at least one occasion. He also took lots of notes concerning repair quotes and charges, some of them quite humorous.

The clock has been running since leveling and unlocking the pendulum. Does this mean a weather change is coming?

A few pictures are attached below.

[video=youtube;a01QQZyl-_I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a01QQZyl-_I[/video]

2. George Nelson

George Nelson Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Retired
    Tennessee
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Beautiful clock- I've always wanted one! As for Queen, they are my ALL TIME favorite group. I have their greatest hits album in my car, which seems to be playing much more often than my other CD's. Thanks for sharing both!!!

George

3. WRabbit

WRabbit Registered User
    Donor NAWCC Member

Jun 1, 2016
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    This is my first Atmos. I've wanted one for years, but never had a good shot at acquiring one. I wasn't currently looking, but this one showed up out of nowhere.

This was part of a storage locker purchase which contained a fair amount of clockmaker tools/equipment and a collection of clocks. I've been sorting through it for several evenings and have several more to go.

Jim