ultrasonic cleaner

ilchick47

Jan 5, 2021
Country
I was looking for the thread on the solution for the ultrasonic cleaner...seeing post to use non-ammonia cleaner I know you posted the formula but not running into it. Would you please post again the king of cleaner and formula Also thank you all for your input on the cleaner I have learned a lot from this blog and find myself coming back to learn more

bruce linde

ADMIN / MODERATOR
NAWCC Member
Donor
Nov 13, 2011
oakland, ca.
clockhappy.com
Country
Region
deox -007 is what i just switched to... very happy w it.

use the message board search or use google to search the message board by adding ‘site:mb.nawcc.org’ to your search params

Reactions: Jonas

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
I have used Deox 007 for at least 6 years, i like it very much.

ilchick47

Jan 5, 2021
Country
kevin I found that brand on timeKeepers and a great article thank you so much for the info. Im a rookie at the ultrasound cleaning but did a lot of googling and reading this is my go to place if I cant seem to get a good feel for what to do next.

Reactions: Kevin W.

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
ilchick47, me and others are glad to help you. I used home made concoctions before and they stank. I do like my ultrasonic cleaner and it helps me a lot in the hobby.

Reactions: Rockin Ronnie

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
The main thing is clean. Just about any of the recommended formula's will work. Also remember that getting the movement clean is just the first step. Having it clean helps a lot in determining the condition of the pivots and their holes. Bushings are almost always needed when movements are acting up.

Ken M

Feb 28, 2009
Holiday, FL
Country
Region
What kind of place would carry that Deox-007? Can it be had locally, or order only from Merrits, Timesavers, etc?

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
A gallon of water is 8 pounds, not including the jug. That will give you an idea of what shipping would be.

Altashot

Oct 12, 2017
Country
I see many of you are fans of Deox 007.
I’ve tried it and I liked that it’s pretty much odourless but I was not happy with the effectiveness of it.
Are you using it at full strength?
I diluted mine 7:1 as recommended, but if I remember correctly, it says that it can be used as is for heavily soiled items. Is that what you are doing?
It’s cheaper than other products but I thought it was just that, cheap, and a case of you get what you pay for.

I’ve switched to a more pricey ammoniated cleaner because it works better, at least for me.
Am I doing something wrong? Am I expecting too much out of an inexpensive cleaner?
M.

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
I dilute per instructions on container, works awesome for me. I have aheater but it takes a while before warm, even warm great results. I really dislike ammonia smells in my home. One reason why i like Deox.

Reactions: Rockin Ronnie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsun
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Weekly News 7/7/19 by Tom McIntyre