Ultrasonic Cleaner

Discussion in 'Horological Tools' started by watchtinker, Oct 11, 2018 at 7:37 AM.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. watchtinker

watchtinker Registered User

Dec 25, 2016
    Country Flag:
    Hello, I am looking to buy an ultrasonic cleaner an I was wondering if anybody had any experience with the cheap chinese cleaners you can buy on ebay. Do they work well and do they last a long time? I was wanting to get one that is 10L and heated so I can use it for cleaning anything.

2. Uhralt

Uhralt Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I bought a smaller one with about 2L volume and I am not happy with it. The distribution of the ultrasonic power seems to be quite uneven, leaving a pattern on larger items, like clock plates, that look like a lightning strike. Also, the heating power is low, it takes a very long time to heat up to the desired temperature. I have stopped using it. Other models may be better, so wait for others to chime in.

Uhralt

3. wow

wow Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Male
    Retired Music Minister
    Pineville, La. (central La.)
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have a larger heated one that cost around 250.00. I bought it several years ago on eBay . I have had no problems with it. I also have a high dollar American made US and cannot see any difference in the performance of the two. I do like the drain hose on the American machine. Having to carry the larger machine to empty it is a pain, especially when it is full of cleaning solution.

4. Rsandor

Rsandor New Member

Friday
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Howdy,

You can see all the brands and prices here at www.iultrasonic.com
    Generally I've found you get what you pay for.

Bob

5. kevin h

kevin h Registered User

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    cambridge md
    Country Flag:
    I was talking with the person from "time machine repair " , he was very knowledgeable and helpful , his ad states they have a couple tank machines , he helped me with an L&R washer

6. roughbarked

roughbarked Registered User

Dec 2, 2016
    watchmaker
    Western NSW, Australia
    Country Flag:
    I've used numerous ultrasonics over the years. I never leave a clock sit still in the ultasonic. I constantly move the clock about and use a brush to assist in cleaning.