Uhrenfabrik Reiner

Discussion in '400-Day & Atmos' started by Burkhard Rasch, Sep 15, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Burkhard Rasch

Burkhard Rasch Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Male
    General-and trauma surgeon
    Twistringen
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    found this one on a flea market in Florence,Italy.The laquer in good shape,the flowers not painted but decals.A good example for the heavy competition in the 400day market in the 50ies and the desperate attempt of the producers to lower costs : the blocks of the SS are riveted to the wire,not skrewed! The movement roughly made,manny burrs on wheels and pinions , but after a thorough cleaning and lubing and with a new SS it is running nicely with more than 270°.
    Forgot : Plate 1016 I believe,correct me if I´m wrong.
    Enjoy!
    Burkhard

DSCN4550.JPG

2. Burkhard Rasch

NAWCC Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Male
    Twistringen
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    something went wrong with the pics,so here they are....

DSCN4564.JPG DSCN4564.JPG DSCN4573.JPG DSCN4574.JPG DSCN4566.JPG

3. KurtinSA

KurtinSA Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Aerospace Engineer (Ret.)
    San Antonio, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Nice little clock! What do you attribute the different colors between the dial and the rest of the clock? Did the dial just age a bit faster? I have a few clocks like that and usually there's not much I can do with the dials.

Kurt

4. Burkhard Rasch

NAWCC Member

Jun 1, 2007
    Male
    Twistringen
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    the different clock firms in Germany -especially the small ones- didn´t produce their own dials; instead the got them form third party suppliers,some of them still existing.My idea is that either they didn´t match the identical color right in the beginning or -due to chemical differences- the colors yellowed differently with age.The decals were applied by Reiner,they are the same both on dial and base.
    Burkhard