• The NAWCC Museum and Library & Research Center are currently open. Please check the Visiting Schedule for Days and Hours at the bottom of the Visit Page.

Type of Escapement??? Anyone?

Keith R...

NAWCC Member
Nov 27, 2012
South
Country
Region
I bet Omexa knows this one well, I'd bet on it. He's probably still up. .
You will have to catch Ray (Omexa) in the morning Robert.

Keith R...

Reactions: Robert Guida

pmwas

Dec 12, 2010
Sosnowiec, Poland
Country
Region
Looks like a duplex of some sort. The escape wheel appears to have small teeth on the underside as well..,

gmorse

NAWCC Member
Jan 7, 2011
Breamore, Hampshire, UK
Country
Region
Hi Robert,

Yes, Paul is right, it's a duplex, but in a very unconventional layout. The escape wheel is 'upside down' from the usual way with duplexes and the balance wheel, with only one spoke and a short counterbalance is most peculiar. The long teeth on the escape wheel, which provide the unlocking function, appear to be blunt at the ends rather than sharply pointed.

Regards,

Graham

Reactions: Robert Guida

Robert Guida

NAWCC Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi Robert,

Yes, Paul is right, it's a duplex, but in a very unconventional layout. The escape wheel is 'upside down' from the usual way with duplexes and the balance wheel, with only one spoke and a short counterbalance is most peculiar. The long teeth on the escape wheel, which provide the unlocking function, appear to be blunt at the ends rather than sharply pointed.

Regards,

Graham
Thanks
I see how it makes sense now as the plate engravings reveal the asian market. Yes?
Im new to most movements other than levers / cylinders & Verge as fairly old newbie as well lol. Verge’s now my second relationship lol
May even stay long term
Thank you

Robert Guida

NAWCC Member
Jan 16, 2018
Hi Robert,

Regards,

Graham
Thanks

Robert Guida

NAWCC Member
Jan 16, 2018
Wow great eye
Thank you!
Rob
Thank you
Price now makes sense too
I dont know if the buyer will be able to repair the movement so easily but seeing the skills so many NAWCC members makes me sure it can be done with the right tools or parts and skills.
~R~

Omexa

NAWCC Member
Feb 28, 2010
Darwin, Australia
Country
Region
Hi, I bid on this until it went through the roof and went for a ridiculous price; I hope the final bidder can make his own parts:???: Regards Ray

Roboman

Sep 21, 2016
New York
www.rgmagazine.com
Country
Region
Hi, I bid on this until it went through the roof and went for a ridiculous price; I hope the final bidder can make his own parts:???: Regards Ray
Yes I did too, LOL They better have a full restoration shop!!! Agreed Ray but not even close / E mail seller in case its one of those overbid and never buy, but by now maybe too late
There was Quare Repeater a friend told me about more parts missing but he said there are three in NAWCC Museum umm Got to see that! www.ebay.com/itm/352310319060

dshumans

NAWCC Member
Sep 17, 2009
Looks like a duplex of some sort. The escape wheel appears to have small teeth on the underside as well..,
The small teeth on the underside are the impulse teeth, like all duplex escapements, but in a different position than most.