Two-Sided Street Clock in Owensboro, KY

Discussion in 'Tower, Monumental & Street Clocks' started by Brad Maisto, Sep 12, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Brad Maisto

Brad Maisto Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Oct 1, 2000
    Male
    Chemist - Retired
    Grandview, IN
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    4E70590A-4675-4C1D-BE96-0CB15E0AFE49.jpeg
    Since I just read the “Research Activities & News” article in the September/October 2019 Watch & Clock Bulletin on page 401, I could not resist taking a picture of this iconic bank building with its “Two-Sided” clock standing on the sidewalk in downtown Owensboro, KY. This happens to be only a couple of blocks from where KY Floral #44 has their periodic meetings.
    But back to this story on Seth Thomas Four-Dial Street clocks, I would have liked to seen in print where the ones that are known to exist are located? I think this would be helpful to NAWCC members for when they travel that these historic clocks could be placed on their itineraries!
    Thanks, Brad Maisto, KY Floral #44 Secretary

musicguy likes this.
  2. Eric Ryback

Eric Ryback Registered User
    NAWCC Brass Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Retired
    Saint Louis, MO
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello Brad,
    I have been gathering information for well over a year on all the Seth Thomas Four-Dial Street Clocks. The original idea was launched by Chuck Roeser and since then we have been researching all 71 of the clocks in the record books. Currently, there are 41 clocks located. A book is currently in the works with the intent to publish sometime early next year. A map will be included showing all locations of the clocks unless the ones in private collections wish to remain anonymous.
    Regards, Eric Ryback, Saint Louis, MO #176675

Brad Maisto and scootermcrad like this.