• The online Bulletins and Mart and Highlights are currently unavailable due to a failure of a network piece of equipment. We are working to replace it and have the Online publications available as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

trying to identify this movement and watch ??? pics

R

ryanleigh

this piece was in my wifes family. i love watches and have been trying to identify. the closest i've come is an omega. it had the swan neck regulator. the case is 14k rose gold. the dial is unmarked and the only markings on the movement are "adjusted" and the serial number "68390". is this just a jobber ? the movement looks more ornate than a regular jobber? anyway, thank you for any help. ryan

Attachments

R

ryanleigh

meant to add it is size 16 and the case is engraved dec. 25 1891. thanks again, ryan

Dr. Jon

NAWCC Member
Dec 14, 2001
New Hampshire
Country
Region
Agassiz medium grade. Upper plate and regulator are distinctive. Agassiz is a very good make so a mid grade one is a v ery fine watch.

Adjusted is significant. It means it received hand work to bring it to good time keeping. Adjusted watches paid a higher duty so this would not have been put on a cheap watch.

R

ryanleigh

thank you! was the swan neck regulator an add-on piece? was it patented by someone else? why no markings as to maker on the movement? thanks again, ryan

Nachtmotte

Nov 21, 2005
Greece
www.faszination-uhrwerk.de
Country
Region
Hello ryanleigh,
have a look here to a listing of over 100 serial numbers of Agassiz movements:

http://faszination-uhrwerk.argby.co...aschenuhrwerke/agassiz-taschenuhrwerke-2.html

Yours look like No.47289.
This kind of swanneck regulator with a Archimedean screw was - please correct me if I´m wrong - patented from Patek Philippe (?) for the US-market. Many movements from Longines took this regulator, too.
Best regards
Tony

Ethan Lipsig

NAWCC Gold Member
Jan 8, 2006
Pasadena
Country
Region
The regulator is a "Wilmot's," but I don't know whether it was patented.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irishbogs
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-