Who was maker?

• What is watch wovement

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Statlergil

Mar 4, 2011
North American and Slovenia
Country
Small 14k ladies wrist watch and gold band. I am unable to identify maker. I checked under the dial and only found matching serial number to case. The stones on case are real mine cut diamond and rubies. I believe this was a very high quality Swiss watch from about 1900 to 1910 vintage but I am stumped to know anything about who the maker might be or anything about the movement. Can anyone provide any information as to what they think it is and who the maker might be? Thanks Wrist watch 5.JPG Wrist watch 2.JPG Wrist watch 3.JPG Wrist watch 4.JPG

Wrist watch 1.JPG

Adam Harris

Moore NWCM Award
May 3, 2012
Costa Blanca - Spain
highercailber.com
Country
Very lovely indeed
Without a lot of research, I can not categorically state the movement maker.

Swiss, 15 jewel, 18kt gold and beautiful set diamonds and rubies.

Nice Piece

Reactions: Statlergil

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
Country
Region
Quite elaborate for an early Swiss cylinder excapement. By 1915, most cylinder watches were at the end of production. Very few were ever made as high end movements. In saying that though, very few had identification markings. Thus one should expect a watch of this quality to be signed.

Statlergil

Mar 4, 2011
Country
That is why I posted this. I am stumped that there is not maker on dial, under dial, on case or on movement. The only similar wrist watch I could find on internet was by Henry Moser & Co which was a Russian Company that had movements made in Switzerland. And on that watch I could not see the movement. Appreciate your and anyone else's comments and thoughts.

Statlergil

Mar 4, 2011
Country
Very lovely indeed
Without a lot of research, I can not categorically state the movement maker.

Swiss, 15 jewel, 18kt gold and beautiful set diamonds and rubies.

Nice Piece
This was tested at 14k for watch and band, not the typical 18k one might expect from a Swiss wrist watch. The only similar wrist watch that matched size, stones and 14k that had a similar style was a watch sold by H. Moser in St. Petersburg Russia in the 1900-1915 period. Thanks for your thoughts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moneyrama
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff