Trolley Watch Zoom presentation

PatH

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Dec 5, 2014
Texas
Country
Region
Thank you for sharing the recording, and for sharing the story of Trolley watches with others!

Pat

Reactions: CentreKeystone

Rick Hufnagel

Just Rick!
NAWCC Member
Oct 25, 2018
Pittsburgh pa
Country
Region
Very nice sir!

One of the campuses where I work is a Pittsburgh Railways Trolly Barn and office that was remodeled and repurposed in the late 60s. I'll have to take some pictures. The museum may actually have a car from here, but I don't exactly remember.

They recently changed some underground infrastructure In the area and I had a good laugh at them trying to dig through the old tracks buried under the multiple layers of pavement and brick in the streets. Those tracks are everywhere!

Sorry for rambling, thank you again for the great insight into the Electric Railways and the watches used!

Last edited:
Reactions: PatH

CentreKeystone

NAWCC Member
Feb 19, 2014
Very nice sir!

One of the campuses where I work is a Pittsburgh Railways Trolly Barn and office that was remodeled and repurposed in the late 60s. I'll have to take some pictures, it's right across the street from home. The museum may actually have a car from here, but I don't exactly remember.

They recently changed some underground infrastructure In the area and I had a good laugh at them trying to dig through the old tracks buried under the multiple layers of pavement and brick in the streets. Those tracks are everywhere!

Sorry for rambling, thank you again for the great insight into the Electric Railways and the watches used!
You should visit the Pa Trolley Museum in Washington, PA. They have a number of Pittsburgh Railways which they operate for visitors. What is the address of the former car barn?

Lee Passarella

NAWCC Member
Jul 8, 2015
Country
Region
Interesting and informative. Reminds me that the interurban car between 69th Street Terminal in Upper Darby and West Chester, PA, was still running when I was a kid in the late 50s/early 60s. Went down the middle of West Chester Pike (PA Route 3). I'm not sure, but even then, I guess, you could travel from Suburban Station in downtown Philly to West Chester without a stop, a distance of almost 30 miles. In an earlier era (based on your presentation), it must have gone from downtown Philly all the way to Lancaster.

CentreKeystone

NAWCC Member
Feb 19, 2014
That was the Ingram Car Barn which has been converted into a church. A previous Trolleyology program had a segment on the Phila Red Arrow line West Chester. It is also on Youtube.

Reactions: Lee Passarella

Lee Passarella

NAWCC Member
Jul 8, 2015
Country
Region
Your recent post stimulated my interest, sir. The link I found takes me back for sure.

Bill Stockton

Feb 4, 2017
Mishawaka, Indiana
Country
Region
I live near South Bend, IN and have been collecting South Bend watches for 15 plus years. I have always been impressed by the 16 size grade 217. They are 17 jewel, adjusted to 3 positions, lever set with gold engraving. Very nice looking movement. I had never heard of "Trolley" watches until recently when someone listed a S.B. 217 as a Trolley Watch on EBay. Having scanned through this thread and watched the very informative March 18th video by CentreKeystone I have learned quite a bit. However, still no mention of a South Bend grade. Does anyone know of any documentation that the SB 217 was ever documented as a Trolley grade? FYI, The Chicago South Shore South Bend Railroad is still in service!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimik
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-