Triple date moonphase badishe 400 day clock

Discussion in '400-Day & Atmos' started by TORSIONKID, Mar 4, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TORSIONKID

TORSIONKID Registered User

May 17, 2010
    Country Flag:
    I just got this clock from holland and it's the most complicated 400 day clock I have seen I think it's all original as the movement has many features that would be hard to make like extended shafts on the front plate that hold extra wheels and levers.the only thing I think is not original is the extension they have put on the pendulum as it is running on a very short spring?.
    all dials are in German and the penny moon phase has 2 blued stell inserts on a enamel plate it has an extra bracket on the suspension bracket.can anyone shed some light on this :???:.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. John Hubby

John Hubby Principal Administrator
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Life Member

Sep 7, 2000
    The Woodlands, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Michael, congratulations on obtaining this unique work of torsion pendulum art!! I have seen a review of this last year in another online venue or in a magazine and as best I recall this is a "one-off" project by a talented clockmaker based on a Huber pin pallet-lantern pinion movement with disc pendulum No. 38. To say the least it is very impressive and the rationale for picking what many collectors consider a rather low-end movement is that the mainspring delivers more power proportionally to the escapement and upper gears than most of the solid cut pinion designs. This can be verified by the fact that it is not too uncommon to find pivot holes in the upper end of the train needing rebushing (especially the scape wheel and anchor arbor) where that isn't normally required for other designs.

I'll dig through my references to see if I can find the earlier review and post that here. Perhaps another of our users also saw it and can add to the discussion.

3. Jan O.

Jan O. Registered User

Nov 22, 2009
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Sorry to correct you but all dials are in Dutch!

Greetings
    Jan

4. MartinM

MartinM Registered User

Jun 24, 2011
    Male
    Medical Insurance Systems Analyst
    El Dorado, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    It's an amazing engineering feat; But, I think I'd have opted to cover the date dial at the bottom. (Or open up all the others for the works to be seen.)

5. TORSIONKID

TORSIONKID Registered User

May 17, 2010
    Country Flag:
    I don't think it was home made and believe that it is factory made as it is just to good quality especially the dials and the work on the steel spring levers and arms that activate everything it could have been possibly made for a show or exhibition :???:.

6. Kobas

Kobas Registered User

Dec 12, 2017
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Michael, congratulations on obtaining this unique work of torsion pendulum art!! I have seen a review of this last year in another online venue or in a magazine and as best I recall this is a "one-off" project by a talented clockmaker based on a Huber pin pallet-lantern pinion movement with disc pendulum No. 38

JOHN

Do you remember where you read the article about this clock?
    Is it possible to show an article about this clock?

7. PedroCortes

PedroCortes Registered User

Jul 31, 2018
    Male
    Country Flag:
    Fantastic clock!! Congratulations!!!

Kobas likes this.