TRAVEL CLOCK - made in France

TCHOU

Feb 5, 2009
Montreal area
Country
Region
Please find enclosed pictures of a travel clock "made in France" in the 19th century. I am forwarding them in the name of a new forum member who played with my name by calling himself "UOHCT". However this good friend will present the subject clock in a further reply. Thank you.

Attachments

Kent

Gibbs Literary Award
NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Silver Member
Aug 26, 2000
Country

Cary Hurt

NAWCC Member
Dec 16, 2005
Country
Region
Copied to the clocks forum for greater exposure.

TCHOU

Feb 5, 2009
Montreal area
Country
Region
UOHCT's message

Since Mike has been unable for a few days to get on board, it is a pleasure for me to help him by communicating his message about the clock:

“ Once again, my friend TCHOU came to the rescue and helped me post a new item while I wait for the administrator to sort out my registration problems. I thank TCHOU for this.
The clock is referred to as a Travel clock. It was brought back from France by someone who immigrated to Canada many years ago. Hard to date precisely as there are no apparent date on the clock. The owner who is now 90 years old remembers hearing it “ring” when she was a little girl so this gives us some hint.
The clock is heavy as the casing is bronze or brass and it works as well upside down. It has an alarm that would wake up the whole town…
No visible markings other than a clear “Made in France” stamped on the back of the mechanism.
The owner is a friend and would very much appreciate any information on the origin of the clock.
UOHCT (right, this is TCHOU reversed, the only thing I could come up with quickly in response to TCHOU’s posting, maybe that is what is causing a problem with my registration…)“

You bet!

UOHCT

New User
Feb 23, 2009
Gatineau, QC, Canada
Country
Region
Looks my access problem has been solved, thank you very much.

I am intrigued by this French clock and would welcome any comment or reference to help me research it. Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phred01
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last page
Hard Life for Wristwatches by Roy Gardner