Tradition 17j Swiss made for Sears Roebuck and Co

Discussion in 'Wrist Watches' started by PapaLouies, Jun 24, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. PapaLouies

PapaLouies Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Country Flag:
    Sears Roebuck watch may be of some interest.
    IMG_1831.JPG IMG_1832.JPG IMG_1833.JPG IMG_1834.JPG

Regards, PL

pmwas, musicguy and viclip like this.
  2. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I have a Tradition watch, nice watch, bought one when i was 16 years old, not sure what happened to it.

3. MrRoundel

MrRoundel Registered User
    Donor

Dec 28, 2010
    So. Cal., USA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Interesting. I get it as a Valjoux 7733. I know that Valjoux made movements for more than one high-grade brand, including Rolex. I don't know much else. I wouldn't be surprised if your chronograph was one of the better watches sold by Sears under that, or any other, name. Nice wristy. Cheers.

4. PapaLouies

PapaLouies Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Country Flag:
    The Valjoux logo and 7733 is stamped under the balance wheel.
    Regards, PL

5. John Cote

John Cote Director
    Director NAWCC Member

Aug 26, 2000
    Photographer
    Midwest USA
    Country Flag:
    A lot of experts say that Heuer made these for Sears. They call them poor man's Heuers. If you look you can find a bunch of sort of private label versions of this watch. The VJ 7733 is a decedent of the Venus cal 188. Venus started making this movement in the late '40s and when Valjoux bought Venus in the mid '60s they kept the basic design. The 7733 works on a cam switching system instead of a column wheel. It was cheaper to make and pretty reliable although the pushers do not set with the same satisfying positive click.

I love these little 7733 chronos. I am wearing one right now with the name Kaltron on the dial. The case is slightly different. Your Tradition is a bit more elegant and Heuer like.

pmwas and PapaLouies like this.
  6. horse4642

horse4642 Registered User

Dec 22, 2014
    Country Flag:
    hi, this message is to Papa Louies. would like to know if you still have the black and white dial traditon sears chronograph. if you do could you ,please contact me at rllowlow@yahoo.com thank you.

7. JTD

JTD Registered User

Sep 27, 2005
    In case he does not see your post, you could always send him a PM yourself. Click on his name and go from there. (PMs are called 'conversations' now).

JTD