Trademark ID

Gregory Douglas

Dec 26, 2020
Country
I have a wall/mantel clock that has a circled K on the face. It appears to be a cheaper clock. The movement is steel instead of brass. Can you help me identify the maker? I'm a newbie, so trying to do identification first before cleaning and oiling. Thanks.

KurtinSA

NAWCC Member
Nov 24, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Country
Region
Thanks! Maybe some pictures of the whole clock including the movement would help. Other's here on the forum can spot clocks just by looking at the case and the workings.

Kurt

Gregory Douglas

Dec 26, 2020
Country
Okay, Kurt. Thank you so much. ONce I get it put back together, I'll do that. You have been very helpful.

Greg

new2clocks

NAWCC Member
Apr 25, 2005
Pennsylvania
Country
Region
Welcome to the forum.

Based on what I can see of the "K in a Circle" trademark on your dial, it has been identified as the trademark of a Japanese maker. Unfortunately, the maker has not been confirmed to date.

As Kurt said. clear pictures of the movement (front and back) and a better picture of the dial will hopefully be of assistance in identifying the clock.

Regards.

Tim Orr

National Membership Chair
Director
NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Sep 27, 2008
Boulder CO
Country
Region
Good afternoon, Greg!

In my experience, with the exception of Ansonia, any trademark that prominently displays the words "Trade Mark" (both as 2 separate words, and usually, flanking the actual mark itself) is almost always Japanese.

Best regards!

Tim Orr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akrampe64
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff