• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

Trade Mark Identification Help

DaveyG

Mar 21, 2005
North Wales, UK
Country
I am still working my way through these orphaned movements to help improve my dexterity levels after several years away from the bench. I have completed seven or eight of them now and thanks to the help I received on my earlier request I have identified 5 of them as being FHF ebauche. This one is also FHF - 22"' (the same pattern as the 19.5"' shown on Roland Ranfft's site), the second of the same ebauche and size with the first being a P Moser with nickel plates and in very poor condition. This one is gilded and excellent. However, there is a trade mark on the barrel bridge that I am unable to identify, looks like an angel but I can't find it on Microlisk. Not important, but I am intrigued. Thanks are offered in advance. P1080664.JPG P1080664.JPG P1080666.JPG

mosesgodfrey

NAWCC Member
Aug 30, 2017
Country
Region
It is a mark from A & M Engel. There is one nearly identical (with same included “E”) on mikrolisk

Search: E (im Oval mit Engel)

Reactions: FreetzGrün

DaveyG

Mar 21, 2005
North Wales, UK
Country
Thank you, much appreciated. I searched for Angel, Archangel all through the A's (well about 10 pages anyway), I had failed to spot the E integral to the angel motif.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB767
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Swiss Fake by Kent