Tom Moberg and I are going to perform an experiment

Discussion in 'Reverse Glass and Dial Painting' started by upstateny, Oct 30, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. upstateny

upstateny Registered User

Oct 2, 2015
    Country Flag:
    The attached photos are from Brian Looms book painted dial clocks p68 color print 2.
    20170924_112718.jpg
    20170924_112718.jpg

This is a silver leafed steel dial, over painted with a translucent blue letting the silver leaf show through. While I am capable of doing the leaf, before I spend the movey and time doing it. We are going to send the dial off to a custom plating shop to be nickel plated instead of using the silver leaf. Tom is then going to try to replicate the dial. If it works out I will put it in a clock case I am building. If not, I'll silver another dial and we will give it another try.

Will keep you posted on our progress. 20170924_112711.jpg

2. gleber

gleber Registered User

Jun 15, 2015
    Male
    Underwater Robotics Expert
    Downingtown, Pennsylvania USA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Sounds interesting. Good luck. I am a little confused... Are you working on the dial in the picture or a different one? There one in the picture looks pretty good as is.

Tom

3. upstateny

upstateny Registered User

Oct 2, 2015
    Country Flag:
    The dial in the attacked photos is from Brian Loomes book. We are trying to recreate it using modern methods.