Tissot Sports Chronograph

Gra

Jul 23, 2020
Country
Hi everyone,

I have a Tissot sport Chronograph (Quartz) which I am trying to restore. The crown is very stiff and the outside of the case is very dirty. I have replaced the battery and the watch runs, however the chronograph does not work.
I have pressed the resetting buttons as per instructions and the seconds hand will rotate but the minute hand and 3rd dial (which I am not sure what it is) will not move. when the crown is pushed back in the chrono does not respond to the buttons.
I am hoping it just needs a good clean as everything feels gummed up but I cannot try to remove the movement as I cannot figure out how to remove the crown.
Probably a very simple solution but I've googled and searched in NAWCC and cannot find any reference to this watch.

Have a great New Year everyone and lets hope 2021 is better.

Graham

WIN_20201227_12_20_09_Pro.jpg WIN_20201227_12_21_10_Pro.jpg

John Runciman

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Aug 13, 2003
Seattle, WA
Country
Region
It would be helpful to give us a little more to work on than a fuzzy picture. Like a movement number I can read ETA that helps. I'm attaching an image snipped out your image I'm guessing that's the movement number other than the letter F I guess Make up the rest of it which would be helpful if were going to find a tech sheet.

cannot read numbers.JPG

John Runciman

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Aug 13, 2003
Seattle, WA
Country
Region
In my ETA Quartz movement list, all the chrono movements are G rather than F
This is what happens when you're trying to guess what the model number is when that may be entirely something different not a model number. It appears to be for Tissot G10 or G15 Are common movements and it doesn't look like one of those either.

Then usually with any watch for the most part to release the stem is located near the stem and there is a hole near the stem. That would really be nice if we had the model number but just in case it is either the G10 or G15 make sure the stem is in the middle position the setting position for the date.

mystery watch stem removal.JPG

agemo

Apr 5, 2011
SAINT-NAZAIRE - FRANCE
Country
Region
Hi,
it is a caliber ETA G10.211 the reference of the Tissot chrono is Tissot E662/762M

Amicalement GG ;)

Last edited:

gmorse

NAWCC Member
Jan 7, 2011
Breamore, Hampshire, UK
Country
Region
Hi John,

I'm attaching an image snipped out your image I'm guessing that's the movement number other than the letter F
The words in your image are the jewel count, 'FOUR (4)'.

Regards,

Graham

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chas99
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
Rockford's early high grade movements by Greg Frauenhoff