• Upcoming updates
    Over the next couple of weeks we will be performing software updates on the forum. These will be completed in small steps as we upgrade individual software addons. You might occasionally see a maintenance message that will last a few minutes at most.

If we anticipate an update will take more than a few minutes, we'll put up a notice with estimated time.

Thank you!

tin pin pallet movement.. anyone know who made them?

EmmaR

Jun 29, 2007
www.taswatchhospital.com
hi there eveyone. I am tearing my hair out over one of those silly jobs that really aren't worth the effort you put into it.
see the watch below. it has a broken top pivot on the balance staff, and it wont run dial up.with the paper shim.. (shown) it will just run dial down. I have a draw full of these who ever made them, I just dont have an intact balance staff. it came in with the regulator loose in the case, and so far I have found a list of problems.

now my question. who made these? do you think it is possible parts might still be available?

its not a quality movement :eek: but the lady would like it running if it is at all possible.

*EM*

Attachments

Kevin W.

NAWCC Member
Apr 11, 2002
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Country
Region
Emma probaly i am not much help.But i did see a movement like this one in a pocket watch sold by Sears.I know it was a few years old.Maybe look around on Ebay.

xpatUSA

Apr 25, 2006
www.kronometric.org
Country
Region
EmmaR said:
now my question. who made these? do you think it is possible parts might still be available?
*EM*
I've just sold a Harvester with a similar movement. I took no notes but I think it said "World Watch Co" on the movement.

Otherwise, Makers know to me are R. Lapanouse and G. Bettlach. Pin-lever movements like yours are used in watches from:

Lucerne, Rego, Ginebras, Global, Webster, Rouan, Cimier, Sheffield, O&W [sic] and many others I'm sure.

I quite like pin-levers, I think it's the racket they make - reminiscent of the Westclox that sat by every bed on the planet before clock/radios became the vogue.

cheers,

Ted

Jake

Oct 22, 2004
Look for the trademark. It might just be an Ebauche SA movement. Let us know what is stamped on the plate. Jake Bunn
EmmaR said:
hi there eveyone. I am tearing my hair out over one of those silly jobs that really aren't worth the effort you put into it.
see the watch below. it has a broken top pivot on the balance staff, and it wont run dial up.with the paper shim.. (shown) it will just run dial down. I have a draw full of these who ever made them, I just dont have an intact balance staff. it came in with the regulator loose in the case, and so far I have found a list of problems.

its not a quality movement :eek: but the lady would like it running if it is at all possible.

*EM*

schweige

NAWCC Member
Jan 14, 2005
I have been teaching myself on cheapo pin lever movements and have worked on a number of them that look like this. It appears to me to be a BFG (baumgartner) 866. (I'm actually wearing an old Ingraham with a BFG 866 as I type)
See: Click Here

I realize you got the part already, but for future readers Uncle Larry usually has these as parts movements.
I have also been able to get replacement parts for a similar movement (BFG 670) from Wm Mc Caw in Toledo @ 800-472-0200.

schweige

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjornburton
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Steven Thornberry