TIN CAN OR BALL SWINGER?

Discussion in 'General Clock Discussions' started by DONALDFR, Sep 11, 2002.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. For the new NAWCC home page
    Click this image at the upper left corner of this page.
  1. DONALDFR

DONALDFR Guest

ONE LAST QUESTION ON SWINGER CLOCKS- DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH OF THE REPRODUCTION CLOCK MECHANISMS ARE CONSTRUCTED BETTER? I WAS TOLD BY ONE DEALER THAT THE TIN CAN MOVEMENT IS BETTER THAN THE BALL MOVEMENT. ANY COMMENTS?

THANKS- DON
    P.S- THE INPUT FOR MY LAST QUESTION ON REPRODUCTION VS ORIGINAL SWINGER CLOCKS WAS GREAT. THANKS TO ALL.

2. DONALDFR

DONALDFR Guest

ONE LAST QUESTION ON SWINGER CLOCKS- DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH OF THE REPRODUCTION CLOCK MECHANISMS ARE CONSTRUCTED BETTER? I WAS TOLD BY ONE DEALER THAT THE TIN CAN MOVEMENT IS BETTER THAN THE BALL MOVEMENT. ANY COMMENTS?

THANKS- DON
    P.S- THE INPUT FOR MY LAST QUESTION ON REPRODUCTION VS ORIGINAL SWINGER CLOCKS WAS GREAT. THANKS TO ALL.

3. Don DeMarcus

Don DeMarcus Registered User

Aug 26, 2000
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hello Don

There are several different makers of the movement, that I can tell, India, and maybe two in China. So you would have to know which manufacture we are talking about.

I think the reproductions has been made since 1960's so I am told, but the newer ones are the ones you see now which have flooded the market in the last four years. I think most of them come from China.

I think even the makers of the clocks are now selling them along with the statues in China.

Maybe the Dealer had fewer returns on the can then with the ball movement.

Don DeMarcus