Timeter clock

Discussion in 'Electric Horology' started by T.W.P, Aug 10, 2009.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. T.W.P

T.W.P Registered User

Jan 10, 2008
    Does anyone have any information on this strange little clock? It works like a charm, it has a light behind the dial and has beautiful inlay's. The name on it is TIMETER. I can't seem to find anything about it or the company that made it. Has no identifying marks on the inside.
    Thanks for the help!
    Tom

Attached Files:

2. T.W.P

T.W.P Registered User

Jan 10, 2008
    I thought for sure that someone here would know something about this clock? Is it rare? or what company made it?
    T

3. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    Maybe a product of Timeter Instrument Corp, who used to make medical instruments and was at one time bought by Allied Healthcare Products Inc.

4. skruft

skruft Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Country Flag:
    I have seen a few clocks like this one around, but never one in a nice wooden case. The others I have seen were black and all in poor condition. I do not have any, or I would gladly look for information. Also I believe there was a wind-up clock with a similar dial.

5. coldwar

coldwar Registered User

May 20, 2009
    Country Flag:
    Back to the top with some findings, but no answer.

I have been researching this brand as time has allowed, and so far, have found only one lead. That is the Numechron Tymeter line of high style electric clocks, manufactured by Pennwood Numechron Co of Pittsburgh Pa. "Time At A Glance" is the advertising hook, owing to the digital indication of the designs. My only literature on the company seems too late (2-19-59) to possibly include a clock in the decorative style of the subject. Note too, the difference in spelling of the name, Timeter and Tymeter, this bulletin notes the Tymeter name as copyrighted. Was wondering if perhaps the name was changed later to avoid a marca registrata conflict, or perhaps there is no connection to the brands. Food for thought, for readers.

If the clock has patent numbers noted, a search of those may provide a more solid lead - CW

6. T.W.P

T.W.P Registered User

Jan 10, 2008
    HI Coldwar

Thanks for taking the time to continue research on this unusual clock!
    I have another one exactly the same I bought for parts and have just re-examined it for anything I might have missed earlier. The only thing I can find is at the bottom of the back plate is stamped: "60 cycles 110 volts A.C. Patents Pending". Absolutely nothing else on the back except for the time and alarm setting instructions. Nothing on the inside parts or plates except that the light switch is a Levington switch. Hopefully you will have better luck at some point than I have had, I'm at a dead end.
    T

7. T.W.P

T.W.P Registered User

Jan 10, 2008
    I just found this on the internet, maybe this will help someone help me!

"Very Unusual Vintage Digital Table Clock The TIMETER
    A Very Unusual vintage Digital table clock. The TIMETER. The nickel plated case is 5" tall and 4 1/2" wide. Art Deco look. Consignor said item was made by Doehler.I see no makers name on outside of case. It has three different dials. Hours, Minutes and seconds."

Attached Files:

8. evanssf

evanssf New Member

Sep 4, 2012
    I have one of these. It's shown in the book 20th Century Modern Clocks by Mark V. Stein page 165. It dates 1934. The pinion gear that is driven by the motor worm is really thin composite and fails easily. I had to make a new one.

9. mxfrank

mxfrank Registered User

Oct 27, 2011
    I found this:

s-l1600.jpg