Clock Help time adjust knobs

JoseM.

New User
Aug 14, 2022
Country
Hello all,
Newbie here trying to find parts to restore a 1960's Globe Germany clock.

It is a sentimental piece that my mother cherished and I have kept it through the years after her passing.

I need to replace the two knobs shown in the back of the clock that adjust the Time and the Alarm setting. They are slipping and no longer catch on the shaft which is a squared shaft or "stem".

the knobs are plastic and would be great to find them in Brass.

Can anyone familiar with these Globe clocks be of help? Many thanks. s-l1600~2.jpg IMG_20220814_111628~2.jpg

JoseM.

New User
Aug 14, 2022
Country
Thanks for replying. Are you located outside USA? I have no idea where I would find Europa parts, I am in Florida, USA.

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
Country
Region
I'm in the great southern land. Australia. The later versions of the Europa movements did have plastic setting knobs. There must have been many millions sold with brass knobs though. They were fitted to millions of travel clocks.
I'd never have believed that there are people out there wanting as much as $350 for a Europa travel alarm. Particularly because they'll all be worn out if they are used clocks. Used to be that one could easily order packets of ten Europa bushes in each size. I doubt there are many left though.
I see dozens of Europas on the well known auction sites and you can probably purchase some for as little as $20

In my photos of the couple I could find quickly, there are some with plastic setters.
You should use your google search because some can be found for as little as £4.20 for as many as ten clocks. You simply need to look. I'm reasonably sure that you can get the whole clock and thus have spare parts for less than it would cost for postage.

From my experience in the one shop for fifty years, we cannibalized most of the setters off such clocks because customers kept losing them up the vacuum cleaner probably.

P8165396.JPG P8165402.JPG P8165403.JPG

JoseM.

New User
Aug 14, 2022
Country
now I know what you mean by postage worth gold ! Mailing to Australia or from, is an investment ! Even in the USA, postage has become impossible state to state

I saw a few of the Europa travel clocks on eBay, so I will ask them for photos of.the rear side.

Many thanks for your help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellaurin
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-