Tiffany Pocket Watches

John P.

Jul 29, 2021
Country
My first post. Being a pocket watch collector for some 50 years, I feel fortunate to have acquired 3 Tiffany pocket watches. I understand the attitude that the Tiffany name does not add any significant monetary value but I never collected for gain rather more out of fascination. I do admire the name however. I am posting images of the first of my "Tiffanys" and hope members might know who the actual movement manufacturer might have been.

This watch is a five-minute repeater cased in 18k gold. The condition is mint and the watch functions perfectly. I also attach my data sheet format used to document my collection. Any input will be greatly appreciated and thank you for your interest.

John

thumbnail_No. 57 mvmt.jpg thumbnail_No. 57 dial.jpg thumbnail_No. 57.jpg

musicguy

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2017
New York State
Country
Moving to European Pocket watch section for identification of Swiss
watch.

Edit: and welcome to the NAWCC Forum!

Rob

Last edited:

Dr. Jon

NAWCC Member
Dec 14, 2001
New Hampshire
Country
Region
My guess would be Ekegren, and before Ed Koehn took over it dates to about 1890 or so. Tihs guess i sbased on teh serial number which is good for Ekegren but not of Koehn or Patek which woudl otherwise be candidates. The logo was reserved for their best watches.

Ekegren used a LeCoultre Ebauche.

Reactions: Bryan Eyring

John P.

Jul 29, 2021
Country
My guess would be Ekegren, and before Ed Koehn took over it dates to about 1890 or so. Tihs guess i sbased on teh serial number which is good for Ekegren but not of Koehn or Patek which woudl otherwise be candidates. The logo was reserved for their best watches.

Ekegren used a LeCoultre Ebauche.

Never considered Ekegren and know so little about them. I was leaning toward Agassiz, possibly Audemars, Piguet. Looks like I'll be spending some winter hours doing some research. Thank you for your input.

Ethan Lipsig

NAWCC Gold Member
Jan 8, 2006
Pasadena
Country
Region
John, your repeater does not look very much like either my Ekegren or Koehn repeaters, although I associate the dial signature with watches they supplied to Tiffany. Your movement looks much more like repeaters signed by C.H. Meylan and Touchon (an important Tiffany supplier) based on LeCoultre Cal. UMV or RMV ebauches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehedi94
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-