Tiffany Never-Wind Clock Needs Restoration

mdmedrano

Feb 14, 2012
Hi,
I am searching for a person who can restore a Tiffany Never Wind Clock. It is a 4 pane variety. I think it has most of its parts except the hook that attaches the pendulum to the suspension wire, the battery compartment needs to be redone, the top of the brass enclosure and mechanism cover is missing.
Thanks
Diane IMG_5973_1.JPG

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Give us an idea of where you live. Just a general area, not too specific :) Then we'll see if we can locate a repairman near you.

jkfabulos

NAWCC Member
Aug 21, 2001
The restoration of this clock will far exceed its value. If there are no problems with the movement it could be put in running order for a reasonable cost. The pendulum set up you have did not use a hook to hang the pendulum and i think you have all the necessary parts to hang it on the suspension. However if the top of the case is missing based on your picture and description this will be prohibitively costly to replace in my opinion.

mdmedrano

Feb 14, 2012
The restoration of this clock will far exceed its value. If there are no problems with the movement it could be put in running order for a reasonable cost. The pendulum set up you have did not use a hook to hang the pendulum and i think you have all the necessary parts to hang it on the suspension. However if the top of the case is missing based on your picture and description this will be prohibitively costly to replace in my opinion.
Who mentioned clock's value? Sorry but all the parts are not there. And who defines what is prohibitive? I am very much looking for someone to restore this clock, thank you. If someone can restore just the clock mechanics, I will figure out how to replace the top and coil cover.

mdmedrano

Feb 14, 2012
The one part that I am sure that I need is the bottom cap on the suspension's threaded barrel. If anyone has one please email me. Thanks. BottomCap.jpg

jkfabulos

NAWCC Member
Aug 21, 2001
Get the Tiffany repair manual from Mr. Hubby as it will save lots of time in trying to restore this clock. I believe this is the early pendulum hanger and is correct just the way it is. Although your photo is not detailed it looks as though you have the correct pendulum to hang on this. Perhaps the pendulum has been altered in some manner so it no longer will attach to this hanger.
Just as a side note you indicated you needed a coil cover. This model does not use a coil cover.

eskmill

NAWCC Fellow
NAWCC Member
Aug 24, 2000
Region
The small cap at the end of the suspension link would be simple to fabricate using common shop tools. Far better to make a replica of the cap than to destroy a complete whole lower end link. The rough dimensions could be taken from the mating part on the pendulum and some measurements taken from the low end of the suspension link as shown in your photo.

I have looked through my TNW parts and find only the later style cap or cup with a more conventional hook.

mdmedrano

Feb 14, 2012
Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I think I have found someone who will restore my clock. If that changes I will probably get Hubby's Reference book. This website is a great source of information.:excited: I love the smiley faces. They have the effect of softening any miss communications.

Reactions: Crystal464

John Hubby

Senior Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
NAWCC Star Fellow
NAWCC Life Member
Sep 7, 2000
The Woodlands, TX
Country
Region
Diane, keep us posted regarding the restoration of your clock. I can confirm that the type of bottom cap you have posted in the photo is what is needed to complete the lower suspension unit. As already mentioned this is the earlier design used before the hook cap was introduced. For info, if you could find one of the hook caps it can be easily modified to work like the original, the hook can be cut off and slots cut into the sides of the cap to accommodate the pendulum.

If you are interested in acquiring the Tiffany manual contact me by PM or email and I can provide the info. To do this just click on my name at the upper left of this post and a menu will show from which you can select.

Reactions: Crystal464
Know Your NAWCC Forums Rules!
RULES & GUIDELINES

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pamula
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions