"The Project" supplied by Butterworth Clocks, Inc

Discussion in 'Clock Repair' started by shutterbug, Sep 18, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #1 shutterbug, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    I recently purchased Mark's collection of books, pictures, advice about the typical German movements and their manufacturers.
    He calls it The Project, and it is an amazing collection of materials to aid the repairmen of these movements, even including the Hermle Repair Manual. He charges less than $30 for the whole digital collection and it's a steal at that price.
    Here are some of the things you get: Inside each file are detailed photo's of and exploded pictures of the movements made by each Manufacturer. It's a great asset to newbies and experienced repairmen alike!
    Edit: I tried to include a screenshot, but the MB is having difficulties. I will add it later :)
    Edit: Trying again - nope, no joy.

2. bangster

bangster Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Jan 1, 2005
    utah
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I bought it and it's as you say: A ton of information on a flash drive. It seems to contain, among other things, the entirety of Mark's excellent book on German movements! :thumb::thumb:

3. john e

john e Registered User

Apr 23, 2015
    Electrical Engineer
    Long Island, NY
    Country Flag:
    Hmm..very nice. I'll have to tell the museum guys about it, we'll need to buy it.

John

4. tickntock1

tickntock1 Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 27, 2002
    Hello,
    i'm interested in "the project". Is this available on the Butterworth web page? Can't seem to find it there.
    thanks in advance, Jim

5. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Use his contact information from the site :)

6. MARK A. BUTTERWORTH

MARK A. BUTTERWORTH Registered User
    NAWCC Life Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Male
    Diistributor of movements and movement parts.
    Muscatine, Iowa 52761
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks for asking. Contact us directly please at butterworth@butterworthclocks.com for pricing and information. Besides our book on The Modern German Clock Movement it also has movement explosion prints, the Hermle Service Manual, beat rates, conversion charts, date codes, and movement pictures, and more. Free mailing worldwide.