The Non Cutting Edge Technology

Discussion in 'Your Newest Clock Acquisition' started by Scottie-TX, Oct 21, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Scottie-TX

Scottie-TX Registered User
    Deceased

Apr 6, 2004
    Retired
    Mesquite, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    My latest acquisition is not a clock but a MAGnificent clock part. This precision piece was made by none other than Dave LaBounty CMC FBHI. Long ago I ceased asking what he can do. What can he NOT do! Dave's made me two of these previously but this request was different. The previous were to be fastened to a wood pendulum and no specs were necessary. This request was more definitive. Since it was to mount to a steel pendulum rod it needed made to spec so that installed it would accurately fit the space between mount and rod as steel rods are not easy to alter. So to my drawings Dave produced this beautiful piece with a somewhat unconventional bed. The bed for this knife is a jewel! Instead of a "VEE" shaped bed it's bed is flat and has about a mm width to seat. As expected his creation fit PERFectly and works excellent. Dave may come by and comment on it's design, production, etc. Here; A magnificent knife edge suspension by LAB. Thanks Lab!

Attached Files:

2. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I am not familiar with this type of set up but it looks very well made to me. Dave did a good job and i know it will work properly Scottie. Thanks for sharing this.