The "green thing"

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by dweiss17, Nov 17, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    We never had the "green thing" back then.

Attached Files:

2. Tyler K

Tyler K Registered User
    Student Member NAWCC

Oct 23, 2014
    Male
    North Canton, Ohio
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Ha! I like it Dan. All of it is true. Even appliances back then took less electricity than appliances today. The new fridges are cooling themselves but at the same time heating themselves. They do this because people are too lazy to take the time to defrost their fridge every 6 months. Instead the fridge uses 5 times more electricity just for the convenience of the person, not the planet. In my house, I have two old fridges. I have a 1950's GE with the swing out shelves and a 1949 Philco that I just fixed by putting a new relay in it. When we bought these fridges 4 years ago and put them in our house, our electric bill went down by nearly $50.00. We were running 2 fridges and the bill went down!?!? We got rid of our "high efficiency" fridge and installed not 1 but 2 "power sucking" old fridges and our electricity bill plummets!! People are being lied to about modern day appliances. Back then everything was all about efficiency, even the fridges. That's why even though the old fridges are smaller than the new fridges, they weigh about a ton more. You can look at my facebook posts. We are friends on facebook so you will be able to see pictures of the Philco that I just fixed.