The dreamer in me stilll dreams

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by dweiss17, Jun 12, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    #1 dweiss17, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
    For a few hours I have been looking at the names of companies and foundations who donate funding to museums. Many have caveats that create certain problems in trying to get a donation to a museum. Still others may be willing to donate if you meet certain marks or goals prescribed in the gifting.

In looking through one of our Bulletins that lists the yearly donations or gifts made to our Columbia Museum…noticing an Insurance Company Group that has insured my car for probably the past 20 years; that has its Headquarters in the Lancaster County area and in one of the past Bulletin printing…donated the sum of $20,000 to our museum.

My thought is to write the President of that company and send him a copy of the 2018 NAWCC Calendar [the best on the past nine calendars created by me) that features clocks and watches from the 17[SUP]th[/SUP] century to the 19[SUP]th[/SUP] century, to one musical clock made in 20[SUP]th[/SUP] century. All past watch and clock calendar issues have help fund the NAWCC with monetary donations.

In asking this firm for a $2000 donation to our organization, I would send them a limited number of this most eye appealing and comprehensive calendar featuring these beautifully pictured rare watches and clocks that are fully described in this 2018 NAWCC Calendar.

Some of our NAWCC members have already applied for a calendar when put on sale; in the near future, I shall present here an Order Form to buy the calendar, with checks made out to the NAWCC Inc.