The Dreamer in me still lives on

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by dweiss17, Aug 18, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    #1 dweiss17, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
    The Dreamer in me still lives on!

As I approach 100 years of age, I just contracted to supply a 2017 NAWCC Calendar to the members of Chapter 190…(my NOW real home base). One of the gentlemen of that Chapter has a fabulous clock collection and has consented to supply me with photographs and full details for 13-14 clock picture pages that will comprise the 2017 NAWCC Calendar.

This future NAWCC 2017 Chapter 190 Calendar will be my gift to the Ladies and Gentlemen of that Chapter…it numbers about 120 members. Chapter 190 is the most progressive and growing Chapter in our horologic society.

Their monthly Newsletter is the best published by any NAWCC Chapter. Should you care to visit…on the Internet type in Chapter 190 Newsletter…it features each month since their beginning in 2006. Enjoy!

2. Dave Coatsworth

Dave Coatsworth Forums Administrator
    NAWCC Business Sponsor

Feb 11, 2005
    Male
    Watch Parts Dealer
    Camarillo, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
  3. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    TODAY...I got a 15 year old kid...who already repairs watches to sign up for an Associate Membership for those under 17 years of age, it costs only $20.00. The boy lives in Canton, Ohio. And, he already has more tools than some who have been members for many years. (Including the work bench.)

It's good to get young blood into the NAWCC. Most of us joined in our adult years.

4. richiec

richiec Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Male
    automotive warranty inspector
    Brick, Ocean, NJ
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    How did you get a kid in Ohio to sign up when you are in Pennsylvania?

5. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    The kid read some of my posts (FREE) and emailed me. NAWCC has a special plan for those under 17 years of age.

Markus sent me the info...I sent that to the kid...job done and appreciated.

6. Missy

Missy Registered User
    NAWCC Member

May 27, 2004
    Female
    Ms.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Good for you Dan. :thumb: I am afraid when this older generation fades away, there will not be many younger ones to take their place. They are not interested in antiques and history. They are more into electronic things.

Most people that are interested in mechanical clocks remember their parents or grandparents having an old windup clock. It's hard to be interested in something you have never seen.

Good for you helping this young man get into the NAWCC. I hope their are more out there somewhere.

Missy (one of the older generation)