The dreamer in me lives on

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by dweiss17, May 31, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    #1 dweiss17, May 31, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
    An open letter to our NAWCC Leaders,
    to Chapter leaders, and to our NAWCC membership:

In past years through my efforts with the help of some of our members and Chapter leaders, I have produced the yearly NAWCC Calendar using watches and clocks from the membership and from the Columbia Museum in the effort to help raise funding for the National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors. We were quite successful in doing so to the tune of thousands of dollars.

On the occasion of my 100[SUP]th[/SUP] Birthday, I have gifted NAWCC Chapter 190 (a leading Chapter) with enough calendars for each member and recently I have been notified some of the 2017 Calendars featuring Chapter 190's Jim Chamberlain's extraordinary collection of rare clocks will be given out at this year's July NAWCC Convention held in Louisville, Kentucky…as door prizes.

Having just completed the inside pages of the 2018 Calendar [8-1/2"x11"]…I only have the covers to go to complete it in full. I wonder could our NAWCC Leaders find a Company or a Foundation to sponsor this project with a $1000-$2000 donation. I could supply them with at least 100 or more Desk Calendars as needed. The Calendar features quite rare and scarce Watches and Clocks in our Museum with pages showing the 12 months, plus extra space for notes.

I wonder do we have the Leaders and the membership to bring this project to a successful conclusion. Hoping my more than 51 yeas of membership in this great Horologic venture meets with the success needed to fund our NAWCC.

Attached is the 2017 NAWCC Calendar…already in the hands of Chapter 190.

calendar 001.jpg