The "dreamer in me" keeps dreaming!

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by dweiss17, Apr 2, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    In the past two days, I made two postings that to this time have received 110 hits. Yet, not one reply. One posting dealt with my almost 99 years of age and why I completed putting together the NAWCC Calendar for the year 2015, so far in advance. The other posting revealed a finished copy of the 2015 NAWCC Shelf Clock cover, along with a printable Order Form and information on how to get your 2015 Calendar.

It looks like I may be “preaching to the choir” yet; I hear no sound, either good or bad.

That the NAWCC Member News and Views is near to three and one-half years old, since its inception, and we’ve had over 200,000 hits and about 245 threads does bode well for the interest in the subjects posted by many of our NAWCC members in this Forum, we call it the Members News and Views.

While the people to whom I mailed an advance cop of the finished 2015 Calendar, it is far too early to look for peer review replies. I do know one mistake in spelling was made on the inside cover page…it has been corrected. Certainly, it is way too early to expect replies for Calendar orders at this time. The Order Form was just posted yesterday, as was a picture of the 2015 Calendar cover.

Would it surprise anyone…if I projected a 2016 NAWCC Calendar featuring watches and clocks...owned and in the collections of our National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors. I’d like to see a mix of about four pocket and four wristwatches and five or six clocks to make such a future 2016 Calendar.

For the “dreamer in me” is the above paragraph outline possible?

2. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    Would you believe Johnnie II helped me today in using the printer to start printing 25 copies of the 2015 NAWCC Shelf Clock Calendar.

You might wonder how can a beautiful feline help a human print pages for the calendar? Easy!! Just look at the attached picture.

She's sound asleep...and not bothering me by wanting to sit on my lap and gaze at me with her loving face. I cannot use the keyboard or printer when she is on my lap. Johnnie II demands my entire attention. I cannot do what I have to do in using the printer.

Attached Files:

3. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    At least she's not sleeping on the printer :D When I'm working on the computer, my 'boy' likes to get on my lap and lay on the keyboard so I can't work!

Regarding the lack of replies to your previous posts, I suspect the subject of a finite life is just avoided by many ;)