The "Dollar" watch, show me some of yours.

Discussion in 'American Pocket Watches' started by musicguy, Sep 11, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. PatH

PatH National Program Chair
    NAWCC Fellow NAWCC Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    As a tribute to Thanksgiving which is celebrated this month in the US, here is a Puritan model that was featured in the same booklet as the Quaker. This one is in a case that was shown for the Gotham models in the booklet. Like the Quaker, it's a "special gold plate finish case."
    Retail Price was $1.75 each
    Net Trade Price was $13.20/dozen
    "Fancy engraved movement plate in black oxydized (sic) finish."

DSC04170.JPG DSC04172.JPG DSC04171.JPG

2. johnnypocket

johnnypocket Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Semi-retired.
    Long Island, N.Y.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #302 johnnypocket, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    My newest addition, a NY Worlds Fair pocket watch from the 64-65 worlds fair. I am from NY and went to the WF as a youngster. This is mint NOS. Unfortunatly no box, but I know I'll find one lurking somewhere. I'm hoping someone with more knowledge of theme and character PW can give me a lesson on Worlds Fair watches. I have the 82 Knoxville, and have been after the 39 NY(who isn't...lol). The only other 64 I have run into is the kaladiscope one. This is smaller pendant type. May be a repop(But does have 64/5 markings on face as well as well as western expo markings on face), BUT still fits as a collectible theme piece, and it wasnt a big price.I remember vaguely reading somewhere these were sold or giveaways at the western electric exposition. Anyone a Worlds Fair collector who can add info? I will add a movement picture when I get the piece, still enroute, but seeking any info I can get. Thanks, John

wf watch.jpg NY Worlds Fair Watch back.jpg wf watch w chain.jpg

PW Collector, musicguy, PatH and 2 others like this.
  3. Jim Haney

Jim Haney Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Working the farm, Garden,horses, goats, chickens,
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Looks a little to stylish to be a "Dollar" watch.:eek: .I am betting it is Swiss?:)

4. Steven Thornberry

Steven Thornberry User Administrator
    NAWCC Member Donor

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    Dial has Western Germany below the “6.” We need to see the movement. Vielleicht eine Markuhr.

5. PatH

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Nice find, John! Unlike the earlier Fairs, I've not found a "true" dollar watch example from the 64-65 fair. The April 2008 issue of The Bulletin has a good article by Bruce Shawkey called "Swiss Watch Industry Sparkles at 1964 New York World's Fair."
    http://docs.nawcc.org/Bulletins/2000/articles/2008/373/373_155.pdf

Not to get too far off topic, but here is the kaleidoscope version of the watch, a second version of the back cover and a wristwatch. Western Germany at the bottom of the dial, however I did find one online that said Swiss on the dial. I didn't take pictures of the movements before I put mine away. They look very similar to the Ernest Borel Kaleidoscope watches, but from what I have read, they were not made by Borel. Perhaps John's movement pics will provide more insight.

DSC03185.JPG DSC03190.JPG

6. johnnypocket

NAWCC Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Semi-retired.
    Long Island, N.Y.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #306 johnnypocket, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2018
    Its a one jewel, unadjusted swiss. Not anything special. Novelty piece only but kind of cool great shape for 54 Y/O. Worrlds Fair items are fun additions. Anyone have a 1939 NY Dollar watch? Thats the one I'm after!!! (sorry if posted twice I dont think movement picture went first time)

wf movement.jpg

PW Collector and PatH like this.
  7. johnnypocket

NAWCC Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Semi-retired.
    Long Island, N.Y.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Bet right Jim. I bought for theme only , ventured a little off course but kind of a cousin you don't see too often..lol

8. Jim Haney

NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #308 Jim Haney, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    Yes, but it is a quality watch. The machined out pivots holes will not wear out very easily , so it is a step up from most of the junk we collect.

I started thinking about my "junk" comment so I am coming back 10 minutes later to explain.

Junk is an endearing term to me because I love "junk". When I set up at shows, what sells first, right, Junk, because it it inexpensive and people get a value for their money, and something to add to their collection that their kids will have no idea how to dispose of.:);):confused::cool::p

9. 4thdimension

4thdimension Registered User

Oct 18, 2001
    Country Flag:
    Neat! I was at the fair too and saw the Beatles! Well, they were flying over in a helicopter and waving but still..-Cort

johnnypocket, musicguy and PatH like this.
  10. PatH

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hey...you calling my dollar watches junk? Them's fightin' words. :chuckling: Although my family would very likely agree with the assessment!
    Kidding aside, I have to agree that these WF watches are definitely a step up.

Hi, John - There are examples of three 1939 dollar watches in posts 207 and 281. They certainly had a strong showing that year.

11. johnnypocket

NAWCC Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Semi-retired.
    Long Island, N.Y.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks Pat....Appreciate the heads up. Thats a great watch, and one I'm definitely after.;)

12. PatH

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Here's an early New Haven watch with Illustrated American on the dial. The Illustrated American was a weekly periodical published in the 1890s. The date on this watch appears to be Jan 23, 1900, so this watch must have been from the end of it's existence. Like many of the weekly periodicals of the time, the focus was on current news while also including some fiction and other articles. Unlike the earlier weeklies, most of the illustrations were photographs rather than engravings.

DSC06386.JPG DSC06387.JPG DSC06388.JPG

13. Steven Thornberry

NAWCC Member Donor

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    Those, of course, are patent dates, one (or both) of these two granted to Wilson E. Porter.
    US641888.pdf US641889.pdf

Attached Files:

Keith R..., musicguy and PatH like this.
  14. PW Collector

PW Collector Registered User

Aug 3, 2003
    Here are 3 Ingersoll Buck watches.
    Was the Ingersoll "BUCK" watch named in honor of D.A.A. Buck or Ingersoll's mail order promotion of a watch for a $1.00 (one buck)?
    1st Buck watch shown in shadow box with serial number 1546191 circa 1895
    2nd Buck watch in Buck box with serial number 5102859 circa 1899
    3rd Buck watch with serial number F0072273 unclear of the F prefix, but it signifies 6 it would be circa 1922
    Dave

DSCN0795.jpg DSCN0796.JPG DSCN0797.jpg DSCN0799.JPG DSCN0800.JPG PICT0001.JPG PICT0003.jpg PICT0002.jpg DSCN0802.JPG DSCN0803.JPG DSCN0805.JPG

15. PatH

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks, Steven. Not sure where New Haven watches would have been without Wilson Porter!

16. PatH

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Interesting question. I always assumed it was referring to the price. Buck is considered by some to be the "father" of the dollar watch, but his first watch was produced by Benedict & Burnham which then formed Waterbury Watch Company based on the producibility, rather than Ingersoll's primary maker - Waterbury Clock. This is one of those questions that make me wish I could time travel to know the answer. :)

johnnypocket likes this.
  17. PatH

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Speaking of "flying over" and World's Fairs.....

The 1933 Fair included a visitor that had been celebrated with a commemorative watch just a few years earlier. One of the Fair’s scheduled events was an appearance by the Graf Zeppelin, which a few years earlier had made its extraordinary flight, commemorated by the watch pictured here. To help defray the cost of flying to Chicago from Germany for the Fair, a commemorative Century of Progress Graf Zeppelin postage stamp was issued, with a portion of the proceeds going to fund the trip. Postage stamps had been issued in honor of the Europe – Pan America flight, and there was some difficulty receiving approval to bring out another stamp so quickly. Nevertheless, the necessary amount was raised in an amazingly short period, and plans proceeded.

DSC06492.JPG DSC06495.JPG DSC06508.JPG DSC03730.JPG

18. 4thdimension

Oct 18, 2001
    Country Flag:
    Pat, That Zep watch is a stunner! I've never seen the box before and didn't even know there was a fob. Thank you for sharing it.-Cort

19. PatH

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks, Cort. It was a rare find for me as it even had the original guarantee. I'm not usually so lucky with the whole package - or maybe just not patient enough.

DSC06502.JPG DSC06503.JPG

PW Collector likes this.
  20. PatH

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #320 PatH, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    This watch was inspired by this thread that includes an Ansonia "Handy"
    American Steam Pump Co. in octagonal case?

This is Ingersoll's version of the case that allows conversion of a pocket watch into a desk watch as described in the ad. The case came in a variety of finishes, this one being the copper finish. Time has not been kind to it, but I won't complain.

This must have been a popular accessory of the time since very similar styles were offered in a variety of materials and finishes such as these unmarked celluloid examples.

Ingersoll Universal ad.jpg DSC06531.JPG DSC06533.JPG DSC03486.JPG DSC03491.JPG

johnnypocket and PW Collector like this.
  21. Steven Thornberry

NAWCC Member Donor

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    #321 Steven Thornberry, Nov 29, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    New Haven had a "similar" item, the Tip-Top Traveler. However, that watch was more a small clock with a watch movement. It did not have a watch that could be removed from the case and used separately; it was all of a piece, in an octagonal case.
    Dial.JPG Back.JPG Left Side.JPG Right Side.JPG Movement.JPG

The Tip Top seems to have been a popular item. Certainly, it came in several "varieties," including a wristwatch. See these pages from Tran Duy Ly's book on New Haven's clocks and watches.
    Tran 1.JPG Tran 2.JPG Tran 3.JPG
    A 1929 ad that I have seen (but can't post here for copyright reasons) refers repeatedly to a Krack-proof Krystal. That same ad refers to a license to use an Ingraham patent. I believe that it is Ingraham's patent for an unbreakable crystal.
    US1133780 Ingraham Unbreakable Crystal.pdf

The octagonal shape of the Tip-Top would seem to be R.H. Whitehead's patent for a watch case.
    D64829 Watchcase.pdf

The Tip-Top Quintet shown above in the pages from Tran seems to be a pentagonal variation.

Attached Files:

luvsthetick, PW Collector and PatH like this.
  22. PW Collector

Aug 3, 2003
    Ingersoll Travel Watch
    The Ingersoll Traveler, with a folding travel case.
    Serial number 76318178 circa 1931
    Last patent date May 16, 1922
    Dave

DSCN0447.JPG DSCN0448.JPG DSCN0449.JPG DSCN0451.JPG DSCN0450.JPG DSCN0455.JPG DSCN0453.JPG

23. Jim Haney

NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I ran across some ads for Ingersoll, I didn't realize the 1st one should have been cropped

DSCN8207.JPG DSCN8218.JPG DSCN8219.JPG DSCN8220.JPG DSCN8221.JPG DSCN8222.JPG

24. Jim Haney

NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    This is a small booklet from Waterbury c1887

DSCN8209.JPG DSCN8212.JPG DSCN8213.JPG DSCN8214.JPG DSCN8215.JPG DSCN8217.JPG DSCN8211.JPG

25. PW Collector

Aug 3, 2003
    Jim, I have the same 1887 Waterbury Time booklet that you posted above. Mine only differs as I believe a child used it as a coloring book.
    Here is a Short Wind Waterbury Watches, 24 page note booklet (2-3/8" x 5-3/8"), with a September 1890 through August 1891 calendar. Each numbered page has a statement printed above the lined note portion.
    1. The Waterbury Watch Company
    2. The New Model Short-Wind Waterburys.
    3. "Series J," Short-Wind for Gentlemen.
    4. "Series L," Short-Wind Waterbury for Ladies.
    5. "Series E," "Correct Time for Little Money."
    6. There is no other Watch so Reliable for Ladies as the "Series L" Waterbury.
    7. Waterbury Watches are the Only Reliable Low-Priced Timekeepers.
    8. Waterbury Watches are Within the Reach of Everybody.
    9. The Poorest Newsboy can Earn Enough to Buy a Waterbury Watch.
    10. Waterbury Watches are a sure Guide to Success in Life.
    11. Boys who Carry Waterburys are Rarely Late at School.
    12. Ladies carry "Series L" Waterburys when Shopping, leaving their Gold Watches at Home.
    13. Wealthy Men carry Waterburys and Save the Interest and Risk of costly Gold Timekeepers.
    14. The Best Low-Cost Timekeeping Watch, The Waterbury.
    15. Carry a Waterbury and be Punctual, if you Desire Success.
    16. The New Model Waterbury can be Wound as Quickly as any other Stem-winder.
    17. The Waterbury Watches are sold only by Regular Retail Watch Dealers.
    18. The Waterbury Watches re Within the Reach of Everyone, Poor or Rich.
    19. To be Prompt, Carry a Waterbury and Heed its Warnings.
    20. Minutes are Money - Watch your Minutes with a Waterbury - It will pay.
    21. "Waterbury is the Watch-word of Time." Ask your Jeweler to show you the Gold-Filled Waterburys.
    22. A Beautiful Birth-Day or Christmas Present for a Lady is the New Chatelaine "Series N."
    23. Edison Endorses Waterbury Watches for Accuracy, Economy and Non-Magnetic Qualities.
    24. The Short-Wind Waterbury Watches are Accurate, Reliable and Inexpensive.

Dave

SCAN0124.JPG SCAN0125.jpg SCAN0125.jpg

musicguy and PatH like this.
  26. PatH

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks, Jim and Dave.

The calendar booklets came in a variety of colors, and it appears that some had different advertising inside the cover as shown in the second picture. I haven't checked to see if the pages have the same verbiage at the top. Thanks for listing yours so I can go back and check.

Waterbury calendar and notepad.jpeg Waterbury calendar note pad.jpeg Waterbury calendar note pad - calendar 1.jpeg Waterbury calendar note pad - calendar.jpeg

PW Collector and musicguy like this.
  27. PatH

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Bannatyne Home Insurance Co. watch.

Home Insurance Co was incorporated in 1853. At this time, merchants had difficulty getting enough protection for their property, and the company was formed by a group of New York merchants to help alleviate this problem.

The Aug 27 patent is related to stem winding and setting and the Sept 3 to the mainspring - Archie Bannatyne inventor and Bannatyne Watch assignee - #864,402 and 864,822

DSC06271.JPG DSC06272.JPG

28. PW Collector

Aug 3, 2003
    Merry Christmas To All.

This is my rendition of a December 1922 Ingersoll Watch Co. advertisement in the December 1922 edition of The American Magazine. The watches on the tree match the ones pictured in the advertisement.

In photo #1: My tree with my Ingersoll watches.
    Top Center: Midget Radiolite
    Top Left: Yankee
    Top Right: Reliance
    Center: Midget
    Bottom Left: Waterbury Radiolite
    Bottom Right: Yankee Radium Dial
    Bottom Center Under Tree: Yankee Radiolite Two-In-One (not pictured with tree in advertisement but listed with watches advertised).

In photo #2: December 1922 Advertisement

I hope santa is good to all of you and your Christmas Wishes come true.
    Dave

IMG_2238.JPG SCAN0086.JPG

29. PatH

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Seems that Ingersoll made a watch for every purpose. From bicycles in post #29 to automobiles.

DSC03079.JPG DSC03081.JPG

30. 4thdimension

Oct 18, 2001
    Country Flag:
    Pat, Do you think this attached to a rear-view mirror? There were numerous dollar watches that did. I usually assume the upside-down models were of that sort.-Cort

31. PatH

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #331 PatH, Jan 1, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    Good question, Cort. I had assumed that it might have been dash-mounted, like these. I haven't taken the watch out of the casing, but I have a Mansfield pocket watch appears to have been made by Ingersill.

img645.jpg DSC03095.JPG DSC03096.JPG

PW Collector likes this.
  32. PW Collector

Aug 3, 2003
    Cort, My post, #118, shows a Mansfield Wiz, patent No. 1563431, Dec. 1, 1925, Western Clock Co., Neureuther, that was made for a rear view Mirror.
    Dave

33. PW Collector

Aug 3, 2003
    Here is another Westclox Car Clock, patent No. 1563431, June 1930, Western Clock Co., Neureuther.
    Dave

IMG_0568.jpg IMG_0569.jpg IMG_0570.JPG IMG_0571.jpg

34. PatH

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Very cool! I've never seen one like this. Does it tilt up to reach the winding knob?

35. PatH

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    And another inexpensive car clock - New England Watch Company.

New England car watch.JPG

PW Collector likes this.
  36. PW Collector

Aug 3, 2003
    Pat, I'm not sure what this car clock/watch attaches to or if something is missing. The attached bracket shown does not move. I haven't been able to find this case by the patent numbers on the back.

Here is a New Haven Bicycle clock that has a bracket that attaches to the center bolt of the handle bars.
    Dave

PICT0001.JPG PICT0002.JPG PICT0003.JPG PICT0004.JPG

musicguy and PatH like this.
  37. johnnypocket

NAWCC Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Semi-retired.
    Long Island, N.Y.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Well I took a break from adding watches during the Christmas Season, but more on the way...of course!.....I can't pass up anything unique when it comes to Ingersoll. I know this is a modern twist on a beloved Dollar Watch name,but it's going to look cool somewhere in my "play area" (which is getting bigger and bigger).

49781228_355051171957562_9127940702511038464_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

38. musicguy

musicguy Moderator
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Jan 12, 2017
    New York State
    Country Flag:
    Thanks Pat for the great articles in the Bulletin!

Rob

Keith R... likes this.
  39. PatH

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks, Rob. You're most welcome. Just some of my ramblings and rabbit trails. Hopefully others can enjoy the journey with me. ;)

Keith R... likes this.
  40. Steven Thornberry

NAWCC Member Donor

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    I've told my wife and son that they really should avoid giving me a pocket watch that has a case like this,
    Case Front.JPG Case Back.JPG
    particularly if it has a dial like this.
    Dial.JPG

But every now and then, I do it to myself. It has what looks like the Model 90001 movement (plate 82 in Townsend), though configured for a hunting case. The movement has the letter "W" stamped on it, but I am not sure what particular significance that has.
    Movement2.JPG

It came in the box shown below, which if original, makes the watch the Model 40191 (excuse the blurry picture - that is the correct number). The chain may be original as well.
    Box1.JPG Box2.JPG Box4.JPG

Inside the box was a sheet of instructions dated August 1978 (8/78). Again, if original, that means the watch was made sometime after that date, not an unlikely date for this monument to kitsch. Well, at least it doesn't have the word "DAD" on it anywhere.
    Instructions Front.JPG Instructions Back.JPG

41. musicguy

musicguy Moderator
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Jan 12, 2017
    New York State
    Country Flag:
    I had to look up "kitsch" for it's meaning.

Rob

Keith R... likes this.
  42. PatH

Dec 5, 2014
    Female
    Texas
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Steve, I've actually gotten pulled into some of these listings thinking it is was an Ingersoll Midget Artistic or Rococo like these from post #129. Yours is in great shape, complete with paperwork. Great find - even if it is kind of kitschy. :)

43. Steven Thornberry

NAWCC Member Donor

Jan 15, 2004
    Male
    Ne’er do well
    Here and there
    Country Flag:
    #343 Steven Thornberry, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    A pair by Ingersoll LTD in Great Britain. Two pocket watches in celebration of Queen Elizabeth II's coronation on June 2, 1953. Both movements have the markings "533M," which I, at first, took for a date (March 1953), but I am not so sure. Certainly that date would fit.

The first has "Coronation June 2, 1953 surrounding the picture of the Queen astride a horse, and in the blue band between center picture and the chapter ring, is "ELIZABETH II R." The back of the case has an engraving of the coat of arms.
    Dial.JPG Case Back.JPG Movement 2.jpg Movement.JPG

The second has a seconds bit with "1953" in it and in place of numerals, it has the word "CORONATION," except at the 6 o'clock position. The back of the case has the same coat of arms.
    Dial.JPG Movement1.JPG Movement2.JPG Case Back.JPG

Note that the bows are in the shape of a crown.

PW Collector and johnnypocket like this.
  44. johnnypocket

NAWCC Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Semi-retired.
    Long Island, N.Y.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I said a few days ago, more Dollars on the way post xmas, this one is a prized catch just added from those gift cards people hate to give and us horologically obsessed love to get...lol....A NY to Paris Ingraham. Produced only one year 1929, to commerate Lindburghs 1928 Trans Atlantic Flight. Its a runner, PLUS has the originial leather strap and Fob WITH the compass still intact....A very proud add to my collection !!!
    s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg

45. johnnypocket

NAWCC Member

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Semi-retired.
    Long Island, N.Y.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    My newest add, I havn't collected to many advertising dollars, but this one had "the look" to me. Don't know if it was because it was for a watch repair store or it may have been that old school 4 digit phone # on it, either way it got me. This one has a 1931 stamp on the back, with a non descript movement. It is a runner but far from a RR timekeeper. My research shows the store long gone, but this piece is a survivor nonetheless. Lets keep showing those Dollars. They are such an important part of our Horological history.
    s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg

46. Jim Haney

NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Some new watches added at the Lexington, KY show

"The Earl" is a 7 Jewel

DSCN8475.JPG DSCN8476.JPG DSCN8478.JPG DSCN8480.JPG DSCN8482.JPG

They cheated a little with the stretched case:cool::eek:

PW Collector, johnnypocket and PatH like this.
  47. Jim Haney

NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Leonard Night Watch by Leonard Watch Co. Boston, who were really the New Haven Watch Co. Why??

DSCN8425.JPG DSCN8426.JPG DSCN8426.JPG DSCN8427.JPG DSCN8428.JPG DSCN8429.JPG DSCN8430.JPG DSCN8434.JPG

48. Jim Haney

NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Gene Autry, Dial says Swiss Made ,has a 1948 copyright. Movement was made in 1955.

DSCN8435.JPG DSCN8436.JPG DSCN8439.JPG

PW Collector, Lee Passarella and PatH like this.
  49. Jim Haney

NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Scout, This has a great enamel shiny dial, These were a little upscale from the common "Dollar" watch.

The price guide has a mistake in the listing it as a 12s Hunting.

They have a correct picture & description of it but completely mess up the listing page?

DSCN8440.JPG DSCN8442.JPG DSCN8443.JPG DSCN8446.JPG

50. Jim Haney

NAWCC Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Male
    Decatur, TN.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    A "Elm City"& "Tower" (Sears) in boxes

DSCN8471.JPG DSCN8473.JPG DSCN8470.JPG