The definition of [hope].

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by dweiss17, Jul 22, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    #1 dweiss17, Jul 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
    My personal definition of [hope.]

That something you [hope] and wish for will become true. In my case [hope] was the injections of Hyalgan I started June 22[SUP]nd[/SUP] would help relieve some of the constant pain I felt when standing, using my walker and even sometimes while in bed…well the [hope] I wished for in pain relief has happened.

In talking with my Orthopedist who does the injections, [my latest was this past Wednesday and next Wednesday injection #5 will complete the cycle] I told him I was feeling quite some relief - I started feeling less pain about a week ago, the Doctor replied, "In some patients the relief can last up to two years." I'd be happy for it to last 6 months. And start all over again.

Unless you are burdened with the loss of knee cartilage and your knee joint bones rub together, I doubt you can understand the misery this affliction will bring to the human being. You cannot walk, you cannot climb stairs, every move you make is predicated knowing your knees are involved in everything you do with your feet.

Knowing this phase of possible relief is not a cure-all, I am thankful for the relief I feel at this writing and keep on [hoping] for the benevolence of less pain in the coming future that this little medical miracle offers. I understand that at my advanced age and still wanting to do the things I did before this onslaught of cartilage loss may seem far fetched to some of our readers. No so! Life without [hope] will not be tolerated by me.

Just today, I went down to my horologic workshop for the first time in many a moon…and repaired a wrist watch for one of the girls at the restaurant I patronize so often in my need to see a human face. That I was feeling good enough to do what I did…is one of nature's helpful medical miracles that makes [hope] so worthwhile in the human life.

2. Dave Coatsworth

Dave Coatsworth Forums Administrator
    NAWCC Business Sponsor

Feb 11, 2005
    Male
    Watch Parts Dealer
    Camarillo, CA
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    That's great, Dan! Hopefully the relief continues.

3. Missy

Missy Registered User
    NAWCC Member

May 27, 2004
    Female
    Ms.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I am so happy for you Dan. It is a shame for someone your age to be hampered with constant pain. With your energy and will to want to do so many things, I do hope this medical discovery will allow you to do all that you desire without pain. Your physical (other than your knees) and mental ability are amazing for your age.

Keep on keeping on. :thumb:

Missy

4. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    Dave and Missy:

Thank you for your your kind words - in my reporting that the injections are doing what was [hoped] for.

Dan

Today's temperature in Philadelphia 99 degrees...the AC will make the house livable.

5. new2clocks

new2clocks Registered User
    NAWCC Member Sponsor

Apr 25, 2005
    Pennsylvania
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Dan,

That is great news!

Try to keep cool over the next week.

Regards.