The Clock Of Life

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by Frank Menez, Jan 30, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks for keeping us informed, Will! You guys hang in there! Send her our best wishes.

2. wow

wow Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Male
    Retired Music Minister
    Pineville, La. (central La.)
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Well, the drugs did not work. My courageous wife chose to fight with one more round of strong chemo after the clinical drug, AG 221, did not work. The chemo did not work either. She was told there was nothing left, so she chose to go home. I loaded everything up in a couple of hours and drove her home. She got to see all our kids and grandkids and friends before she reached those final days when she could not communicate and could barely breathe. She was finally healed forever when she went to her eternal home on November 10. No more pain and suffering.
    Thanks, all, for your concern and prayers.

Will

3. Kevin W.

Kevin W. Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I work at the Veritas Tools machine shop.
    Nepean, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Very sorry to hear this Will. My condolences to you and your family for your loss.

4. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Painful loss! Her suffering is ended, but that of the family endures for a very long time. My heart felt condolences, Will!

5. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    Losing a loving wife can be very painful...time will heal a little of your loss...but remembering all the joy you had together over the years of marriage...this will always be with you. Please remember the good stuff, the laughs you shared, remember the look of love in her eyes when she held your hand in hers.

Dan

6. Missy

Missy Registered User
    NAWCC Member

May 27, 2004
    Female
    Ms.
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Dear Will, I could not stop the tears from forming in my eyes when I read this sad news. My heart and prayers go out to you, your children and all who knew and loved her.

Missy

7. John Hubby

John Hubby Principal Administrator
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Life Member

Sep 7, 2000
    The Woodlands, TX
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Will, I offer my sincere condolences to you and your family and friends who knew your wife. I do understand what you are experiencing as I've had the same happen to me. Follow Dan's advice and take the time to remember all the good things she brought to you and your children and family, take life a day at a time and give thanks for the time you shared together.

8. Bill Stuntz

Bill Stuntz Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Male
    PC Tech
    Columbus. OH
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Will, I don't know you except through what I've seen here, and like Missy, I couldn't stop the tears. :mysad: I've been through similar experiences with family members and very recently an extremely close friend/neighbor who made the same decision. In some ways it's good that you/we had time to achieve at least a little closure near the end. At least she's not suffering any more. And she knows how much you love her. THAT will never end. My heart goes out to you.

9. wow

wow Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Male
    Retired Music Minister
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks for all the responses. Today (Thanksgiving) was the hardest yet. She loved the holidays with all the kids and grandkids. We are trying to make it one day at a time. Please keep the prayers going. It is tough!!

10. harold bain

harold bain Registered User
    NAWCC Member Deceased

Nov 4, 2002
    Male
    deceased
    Whitby, Ontario, Canada
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Will, my sincere condolences to you and your family. I really can't imagine what it would be like to lose my wife. My heart goes out to you.

11. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    You can be sure that time does dull the pain a bit, Will. It's getting through that time period that's tough. Do keep in mind that your wife would not want you grieving excessively over her. Not that that would change anything. Hang in there. It will get more tolerable with time!

12. wow

wow Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Jun 24, 2008
    Male
    Retired Music Minister
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Thanks, Harold and Shutt.

I am trying to keep busy. I guess now is a good time to spend a lot of time in the clock shop restoring all those clocks. The message board definitely helps.