The City of Philadelphia and 100 years of life

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by dweiss17, Apr 10, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    #1 dweiss17, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
    On May 21, 2015, a number of Philadelphians will be honored at a yearly Luncheon given by the City of Philadelphia and the Mayor as its leader.

The Luncheon will honor the residents of this City who have reached the goal of 100 years of life or more. While it happens that to my personal way of thinking I have accomplished much more than reaching this enviable goal; I will not go into those accomplishments here in full detail…however I will say living this long has helped me to create a better environment for people with the handicap of oral speech. President Reagan signed a Proclamation that took hold in the USA and overseas in 1988. This is one of my accomplishments that saw a need fulfilled.

That I have a membership in the National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors for more than fifty (50) years, is only icing on the cake. Several of the Forums on our NAWCC Message Board are due to thoughts that I saw as eligible for need, one, in order for our NAWCC members to express their ideas and thoughts other than in the horologic sense.

Another Forum or purpose was to honor our members who have given fifty years or more to this great horologic society. Previously, few people knew of this membership accomplishment, now long time members are honored on the Virtual Plaques. To date, we have about 217 members, both deceased and alive who are honored for all to see at NAWCC Awards and Honors on our NAWCC Message Board…this list may include four of our Founders…they are dated 1943, the year of our founding.. letter from 001.jpg

Attached Files:

2. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Pretty cool accomplishment, Dan! Nice to see that it is noticed by the city too!