The Chapter 190 NAWCC 2014 Calendar

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by dweiss17, Apr 20, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    #1 dweiss17, Apr 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2013
    The Dream: It came true!

Creation of a 2014 NAWCC Calendar...featuring some of the beautiful, scarce-to-rare clocks supplied by the membership of Chapter 190 of Ventura, CA.

Having previously finished the 2013 NAWCC Calendar featuring early American Pocket watches in the fine collection of the NAWCC Museum in Columbia, PA, I started looking around for a new project...what could be better than a 2014 NAWCC Calendar featuring the clocks of our Chapter 190 membership? Chapter 190 is a West Coast chapter, here am I, a member on the East Coast, in Philadelphia. And, being treated like a long-lost son by its collective membership. In fact, Ernie Jensen, our Secretary sent me a note, “He personally paid my yearly $25.00 dues for the coming fiscal year.” I do not think anyone in Chapter 190 knew of Ernie’s action. At my current age, I could be the grandfather or great grandfather of some of my Chapter 190 fellow members.

Getting in touch with our Chapter 190 President Mike Schmidt, I proposed the creation of a 2014 NAWCC Calendar featuring the clocks of its membership. Presumably, most Chapter 190 members are orientated to the collection of clocks, made in the USA and overseas. Mike agreed to speak to the membership to see what we could do to further this clock project. Here, I must thank Ken McWilliams for his overwhelming support and help in photographing, adjusting and setting the clocks at angles that reflect their inherit beauty without distracting backgrounds. Further, I thank Julie Palladino of Solvang Antiques, Virginia Norwood, Jim Chamberlain, William Robinson, Dick Schall, Mostyn Gale, and David Bisno for supplying the photographs of clocks from England, France, Japan and the USA. In concert and in combination these clocks presented in this beautiful 2014 Calendar became possible and factual only through the above named members desire and cooperation.

That this 2014 NAWCC Calendar sponsored by Chapter 190 will become a “keepsake” will be obvious, to any person opening its pages from cover to cover. While viewing each with a scarce-to-rare and wonderful clock and its full descriptive material featured on pages reflecting their difference in style, size, manufacture, mechanisms, each one varied and encompassed in their casings that reflect the skill of clock builders from all over the world.

I set a minimum of selling at 100 of Calendars and likely more of these beautiful Chapter 190 Calendars. I trust we’ll sell a lot more than 100. Just to think that selling only 100 Calendars = $1000 as a Chapter 190 donation to the NAWCC...gives us the incentive to sell even more.

While we know it is only April 2013...your purchase today, helps inflate our goal of 100 or more. Make all checks payable to the NAWCC Inc. Please use the Order form below.

Click this link:

View attachment order form 2014 calendar-1.doc

2. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    From NAWCC Director Phil Gregory

HI Dan, got it but have been out of town. Here is a quote from me you can post where it will do the most good.

"Our long term member, #8331, has just published the calendar for 2014. It is a beauty with pictures of exceptional clocks from chapter 190. Copies are available for a contribution of $10 to NAWCC. The order form is __________" Phil Gregory

Attached Files:

3. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    We are still in May 2013...buying a calendar for the year 2014 may seem a bit too much.

This 2014 calendar is unlike one you may have ever seen or bought. It is full of clocks, rare, scarce, wonderful, and just beautiful in content; with much information, room for monthly notes, your 10 bucks will help the NAWCC in its need for constant funding. You will get it shipped to your address in the USA, and 12 dollars for people in Canada or overseas. Just use the order form.

Attached Files: