The best NAWCC Calendar cover

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by dweiss17, Dec 5, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Retired from Graphic Arts
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    Of all the calendars I have produced the first three were of my beloved Frankie Weiss and Johnnie #1. The felines that recharged my life after my wife passed away.

I then had an epiphany, why not make calendars featuring our NAWCC watches and clocks,
    the NAWCC Calendar was born in 2007. In 2008, we featured watches from a Chapter no longer connected to the National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors.

I think the cover of the 2008 Calendar features the most beautiful watch ever it was my pleasure to use on the cover page of the Calendars.

The picture features Alexander II of Czarist Russia. Double click on photo to enlarge.

Attached Files:

2. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    This is the inside page featuring back cover and movement by Tissot, language used is Russian Cyrillic. Double click to enlarge photos.

Attached Files:

3. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Very nice! Who owns the watch now?

4. dweiss17

dweiss17 Registered User
    Old Timer NAWCC Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Country Flag:
    #4 dweiss17, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    My friend Shutterbug:

As far as I remember the watch at the time of printing in 2008, was owned by someone south of the USA border, it may have been Bolivia. However, I cannot be certain.

As for long living, I can remember the horse ##### on our city streets, as well as hitching posts and water troughs for horses to drink from. Did you know we had trolley cars that had a side opening to transport caskets to funeral grounds in a number of Philadelphia city areas. I remember the hand cranked automobiles and the 10c movie houses, I think Philadelphia at that time had more than two and a half million citizens and we were the breadbasket of the world. Times certainly have changed, many to the good, while others became detrimental to city life. We even had outhouses! And. policemen walking their beats with batons as their weapon of choice.