The American Clock Company 83 & North Ave Elmhurst, IL 60126

Discussion in 'Clock Construction' started by jcrow60102, Feb 16, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. jcrow60102

jcrow60102 Registered User

Feb 27, 2012
    Want to know if anyone remembers The American Clock Company they where located 83 & North Ave Elmhurst, IL 60126,
    They had a Dollhouse Collection, miniature furniture, dollhouse kits/ plans full detail work lights and clocks in 2nd floor, Clocks and Clock Kits and plans, movements and parts in the 1st floor, also Music Boxes, basement was the all the seconds... the factory was in Clintonville, WI (if I remember right), they also had a catalog base, then one day they disappeared and never hear about them again.
    Think parents past and the kids sold off everything... so sad. Again another set of plans history lost.
    See Mason and Sullivan item, Clock Kit, Bartley Collection, but nothing on The American Clock Company, and they were around at the same time
    I have a Raleigh tambour clock, and 2 small Eli Terry that I built in the mid 80s

Please let me know if anyone of them and what happen, of if plans clocks are somewhere, not lost like Mason & Sullivan

Thank you
    John

2. jcrow60102

jcrow60102 Registered User

Feb 27, 2012
    Still looking, what I remember was when the Parents past business was split
    in 3 Clocks, Doll house, Music box..

They moved the Clock business across the street (smaller location), and then
    to I think St Charles, then disappeared, never have seen kit nor plans like
    Mason and Sullivan

Does anyone know or work on clock from them, I threw my older catalogs away
    sometime ago (big mistake)