• The Bulletins and Marts are again available online. The network connectivity problem has been fixed. Thank you all very much for your patience.

Tezuka Cuckoo Clock Help

BobbyPafralides

NAWCC Member
Jan 7, 2009
Illinois
www.beadworldbeads.com
Country
Region
Working on a Tezuka Cuckoo, works properly outside of the case however the escapement seems to catch and wont run run more than 5-6 seconds once in the case. any help would be greatly appreciated

roughbarked

Dec 2, 2016
Western NSW or just this side of the black stump.
Country
Region
A number of things may be causing this, not the least being that the clock is not both horizontally and vertically straight and level. One customer complained that whenever he hung it on the wall it would stop. I said to him well, whenever I hang it on the wall here it never stops. Having eliminated that, the culprit would seem to be the wall you are hanging it on.
He said, "I used a spirit level", my next question was "vertically, against the wall?"
Ah he said, does that matter?
To which my reply was, "of course it does if it stops the clock".

He came in to thank me for solving his problem.

Last edited:

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Could you post a video of it running (or trying to) for us?

BobbyPafralides

NAWCC Member
Jan 7, 2009
Illinois
www.beadworldbeads.com
Country
Region
am having difficulty getting a good quality video of how its catching. the movement runs when on a clock stand, but as soon as its in the case it no longer runs past 10 seconds or so, seems to be losing power. will try to get pictures and a video of the movement when i get home from work

kinsler33

Aug 17, 2014
Lancaster, Ohio, USA
Country
Region
Try screwing it loosely into the case and see if it runs then. If so, then the clock plates are getting twisted by uneven mounting holes or bent mounting brackets, and/or you've bushed the movement too tightly. And make sure that the hand shaft isn't binding on its hole.

Mark Kinsler

shutterbug

Staff member
NAWCC Member
Oct 19, 2005
North Carolina
Country
Region
Yeah, if it runs outside the case but not inside, it's probably something about the case that's stopping it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyghost
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last update
-