Test the new html figure element

Discussion in 'Just Practicing and Learning' started by Tom McIntyre, Jun 19, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    #1 Tom McIntyre, Jun 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    dialview.jpg Some embedded remarks :) mvtsquare.jpg
    caption for this figure which should spread across all the contents and wrap when it gets to the end of the figure frame as defined by the contents

This feature implements the new HTML codes figure and figcaption. The argument to the bbCode can be any thing that could appear in the figure element but is expected to be some images and possibly other decorative text elements etc.

The contents are grouped together in the figure frame and the caption is applied.

The usage is
    [figure="caption for this figure which should spread across all the contents and wrap when it gets to the end of the figure frame as defined by the contents"][attach]55223311[/attach] [alt="title for image when cursor hovers"]/local_image.jpg[/alt][/figure]

The figure code just creates a context to hold the other elements together and provide a caption below. The caption may be omitted.

2. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I don't get anything when I hover, Tom ;)

3. Tom McIntyre

Tom McIntyre Technical Admin
    Staff Member NAWCC Star Fellow NAWCC Ruby Member Sponsor

Aug 24, 2000
    Male
    retired SW dev
    Boston
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    I got the hover syntax wrong. The image reference is the option and the hover text is the argument. I did not supply a real image for the example in any case. [alt="image url"]pop up text for image[/alt]. Alt is not available for attachments, only images.

[alt="styles/nawcc/nawcc/nawcclg.png"]This is our beloved NAWCC logo[/alt]

[alt="https://awco.org/walthamlightSM.jpg"]My nice Waltham Watch Factory lighted sign[/alt]

4. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag: