Territory Day

Discussion in 'Member News and Views' started by Omexa, Jun 30, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Omexa

Omexa Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Male
    Retired
    Darwin, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Today is Territory Day Home - Territory Day Over 300 tons of fireworks are going to be let off today. Regards Ray

2. shutterbug

shutterbug Moderator
    NAWCC Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Male
    Self employed interpreter/clock repairer
    Iowa
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    My State (Iowa) just legalized fireworks last year (first time in my lifetime), and the City governments immediately went nuts and outlawed their use within city limits! It seems people went overboard the first year, and upset people and their pets so much that it caused a knee-jerk reaction to ban their use!

3. Omexa

Omexa Registered User
    NAWCC Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Male
    Retired
    Darwin, Australia
    Country Flag:
    Region Flag:
    Hi shutterbug, this is what I wrote to the NT News comments section: "Not much Bang for your Buck these Days; Crackers have been watered down that much that they are virtually "Sparklers with a Pop". I remember the "Good old days of Guy Fawkes night", when a Double Thunder was almost a Hand Grenade in disguise. We used to, over a few weeks build a huge Bonfire on a vacant block and on Cracker Night light it up. I think because there were a lot of ex-servicemen from the Second World War around at the time people were very aware of things that went Bang and I can't remember any people being hurt by Crackers. This was Richmond Vic. in the good old days." Regards Ray