Tempus d'Lagam

Slip

Jun 18, 2021
Country
I recently acquired a table/mantle style clock marked only with the label Tempus d'Lagam and a serial number. Searching the net only produced two for sale and no other information. Any information on this clock would be greatly appreciated.

zedric

NAWCC Member
Aug 8, 2012
Country
Region
If you post photos of the case and movement I’m sure others will be able to help

JTD

Sep 27, 2005
Country
The pictures are rather blurred and I don't see the words that you mentioned anywhere. I suppose they are in the little shield at the top of the dial.

The movement is a modern one with a floating balance and someone may recognise the maker. I have found a similar clock marked 'Tempus d'Lagam' with an Urgos floating balance movement but yours doesn't seem to be marked.

The scratched on numbers are later additions by someone - maybe an identity number - and have nothing significant to do with the clock.

Your clock likely has a German movement, but I doubt that the clock itself is German. To me it looks like the style that was/is popular in Spain and Italy. These makers often used German movements.

Others may know more.

JTD

Reactions: Slip

Slip

Jun 18, 2021
Country
The pictures are rather blurred and I don't see the words that you mentioned anywhere. I suppose they are in the little shield at the top of the dial.

The movement is a modern one with a floating balance and someone may recognise the maker. I have found a similar clock marked 'Tempus d'Lagam' with an Urgos floating balance movement but yours doesn't seem to be marked.

The scratched on numbers are later additions by someone - maybe an identity number - and have nothing significant to do with the clock.

Your clock likely has a German movement, but I doubt that the clock itself is German. To me it looks like the style that was/is popular in Spain and Italy. These makers often used German movements.

Others may know more.

JTD
Thanks for your reply.
Yea, the hand numbering is that worthless anti theft crap from the eighties/nineties. The serial number is in the bottom right corner of the movement.
I looked up "Urgos floating balance movement" and that is the exact escapement. So now I know a little more.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredericdb
Encyclopedia Pages
Total wiki contributions
Last edit
E. Howard & Co. by Clint Geller